SWEET PEPPER (BELL TYPE) - EUROPEAN CORN BORER
DIRECTIONS FOR USE ON CROPS
Apply with ground application equipment only. NOT TO BE APPLIED BY AERIAL APPLICATION EQUIPMENT.
DO NOT apply this product directly to freshwater habitats (such as lakes, rivers, sloughs, ponds, prairie potholes, creeks, marshes, streams, reservoirs, ditches and wetlands), estuaries or marine habitats.
Field sprayer application: DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) fine classification.
Airblast application: DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT direct spray above plants to be treated. Turn off outward pointing nozzles at row ends and outer rows. DO NOT apply when wind speed is greater than 16 km/h at the application site as measured outside of the treatment area on the upwind side.
For resistance management, please note that ORTHENE 75% SOLUBLE POWDER contains a Group 1B insecticide. Any insect population may contain individuals naturally resistant to ORTHENE 75% SOLUBLE POWDER and other Group 1B insecticides. The resistant individuals may dominate the insect population if this group of insecticides are used repeatedly in the same fields. Other resistance mechanisms that are not linked to site of action but are specific for individual chemicals, such as enhanced metabolism, may also exist. Appropriate resistance-management strategies should be followed.
To delay insecticide resistance:
- Where possible, rotate the use of ORTHENE 75% SOLUBLE POWDER or other Group 1B insecticides with different groups that control the same pests in a field.
- Use tank mixtures with insecticides from a different group when such use is permitted.
- Insecticide use should be based on an IPM program that includes scouting, record keeping, and considers cultural, biological and other chemical control practices.
- Monitor treated pest population for resistance development.
- Contact your local extension specialist or certified crop advisors for any additional pesticide resistance-management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and pest problems in your area.
- For further information or to report suspected resistance contact Arysta Lifescience North America, LLC at 1-866-761-9397.
GENERAL APPLICATON INSTRUCTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
DO NOT handle more than 1500 L of diluted spray solution per day when using hand-held spray equipment.
Mix thoroughly and spray entire plant covering both sides of foliage. Spray when insects are present or feeding injury is first noticed. Repeat if re-infestation occurs.
SWEET PEPPER (BELL TYPE)
Apply in 225 to 1650 L of water with conventional ground application equipment. Begin applications when eggs or insects appear. Maintain a 7- to 10-day spray schedule until insects have been reduced below economic levels.