SUBJECT TO THE EXCEPTIONS HEREIN, THIS PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE APPLIED TO FOOD OR FEED CROPS. THE SUPPLEMENTAL LABELING FOR THIS PRODUCT MAY ALSO CONTAIN EXCEPTIONS TO THIS PROHIBITION.
Failure to observe the following information may result in Injury to or loss of desirable trees or other plants:
- Do not apply METSULFURON 60EG IVM Herbicide (except as recommended), or drain or flush equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants, or on areas where their roots may extend or in locations where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots.
- Do not use on lawns, walks, driveways, tennis courts, or similar areas.
- Prevent drift of spray to desirable plants.
- Do not contaminate any body of water, including irrigation water.
- Keep from contact with fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides and seeds.
After product application, the sprayer MUST NOT be used for crop applications. It is imperative that this precaution is followed because most crops (except small grains) can be destroyed or baldy damaged by low rates of METSULFURON 60EG IVM.
METSULFURON 60EG IVM is a dispersible granule that is applied as a spray after being mixed in water. METSULFURON 60EG IVM can be used to control the following:
- Annual weeds
- Conifer plantations
- General weeds and brush on industrial non-crop sites
- Perennial weeds
- Selective weeds in certain types of unimproved turf grasses on industrial sites and in native grasses
- Weeds and hardwoods in conifer plantations
- Woody plants in noncrop areas
Optimum control over foliage is achieved after emergence or dormancy break, although METSULFURON 60EG IVM does have preemergence activity. Except as specified, optimum control is achieved when applied to young, actively growing weeds. The weed species and size at the time of application will determine use rate.
Several factors will influence the degree and duration of control, including weed spectrum and infestation intensity, weed size at application, environmental conditions at and following treatment, soil pH, soil moisture, and soil organic matter
METSULFURON 60EG IVM can be applied to floodplains where surface water is not present, terrestrial areas of deltas and low lying areas where water is drained but may be isolated in pockets due to uneven or unlevel conditions.
METSULFURON 60EG IVM is noncorrosive, nonflammable, nonvolatile and does not freeze.
Failure to observe the following may cause damage to or eradication of desirable trees or other plants:
- Do not drain or flush equipment onto or near desirable trees or other plants. This prohibition extends to areas where roots of desirable trees or other plants may reach and to areas where the herbicide may be washed or moved into contact with roots.
- If the chances of rainfall shortly following application are low, soil particle movement by wind or water may lead to herbicide migration when treating powdery, dry soil or light, sandy soil. Migration may result in potential injury to susceptible crops. If treated soil is washed, blown, or moved onto land used to produce crops, crop damage may result. METSULFURON 60EG IVM exposure may damage or eradicate many crops. The potential for damage is increased when the crops are irrigated.
- Crop damage can occur when treating areas where runoff water flows onto agricultural land. METSULFURON 60EG IVM runoff and movement may occur when applications are made during periods of intense rainfall. Runoff and movement may also occur when applications are made to soils saturated with water, surfaces paved with materials such as asphalt or concrete, or soils through which rainfall will not readily enter. Applications should not be made to frozen soil. Reduce the possibility of METSULFURON 60EG IVM movement by wind- or water- induced soil erosion by permitting treated soil to be remain undisturbed.
- Product application to lawns, walks, driveways, tennis courts or similar areas is prohibited.
- In no event should irrigation systems be used to apply this product.
- Do not use the equipment used to mix or apply METSULFURON 60EG IVM on crops (except pasture, range and wheat). The mixing and application equipment may be used for noncrop areas and conifer plantations only.
- For use rates of 1 2/3 ounce per acre and less, grazing restriction is not required if labeling guidelines are followed. Forage grasses may be cut for hay, fodder or green forage at use rates of 1 2/3 to 3 1/3 ounce per acre 3 days following treatment. Forage grasses may also be fed to livestock, including lactating animals, at this usage rate 3 days following treatment.
- Do not use this product in these Colorado counties: Saguache, Rio Grande, Alamosa, Costilla and Conejos.
- Do not use this product in California.
Weed control and suppression can be achieved by applying METSULFURON 60EG IVM in the establishment and maintenance of the following native grasses: blue grama, bluestems (big, little, plains, sand, ww spar) bromegrasses (meadow), buffalograss, green sprangletop, indiangrass, kleingrass, lovegrasses (atherstone, sand, weeping, wilman), orchardgrass, sideoats grama, switchgrass (blackwell), wheatgrass (bluebunch, intermediate, pubescent siberian, slender, streamband, tall, thickspike, western), and russian wildrye. Except for orchardgrass and russian wildrye, these species can also be treated in the seedling stage.
Per acre, apply 1/10 ounce METSULFURON 60EG IVM to control and suppress* the following: bur buttercup (testiculate), common purslane, common sunflower*, cutleaf eveningprimrose*, flixweed*, lambsquarters* (common and slimleaf), marestail*, pigweed (redroot and tumble), snow speedwell, tansymustard* and tumble mustard (Jim Hill mustard).
*A visible reduction in weed competition, including reduced population or vigor as compared to untreated areas, is indicative of suppression. The size of weed and environmental conditions present after treatment will affect the amount of suppression.
Apply to established grass when weeds are in the seedling stage.
Where the soil (seed bed) has been cultivated, apply preplant or preemergence to grasses in the seedling stage.