COTTON - ARMYWORM (ALL SPSECIES), APHIDS, ETC.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Do not apply Battalion 1.5EC insecticide by aerial application in New York State. In New York State, this product may not be applied within 100 feet of a coastal marsh or stream that drains directly into a coastal marsh.
Dilute Battalion 1.5EC in water according to the directions shown below and apply to the target crops at the rates listed. Uniform coverage is essential. Consult your local or state agricultural authorities regarding economic thresholds and timing of application for specific pests. Under heavy pest populations use of the highest labeled rate is recommended.
Battalion 1.5EC may be applied before, during, or after planting. Use the higher labeled rate for soil incorporated applications.
Some insects are known to develop resistance to products used repeatedly for control. Because the development of resistance cannot be predicted, the use of this product should conform to resistance management strategies established for the use area. Consult your local or state agricultural authorities for details.
If resistance to this product develops in your area, this product, or other products with a similar mode of action, may not provide adequate control.
If poor performance cannot be attributed to improper application or extreme weather conditions, a resistant strain of insect may be present.
If you experience difficulty with control and resistance is a reasonable cause, immediately consult your local company representative or agricultural advisor for the best alternative method of control for your area.
For aerial applications under hot, dry environmental conditions or when the crop canopy is dense, gallonage requirements may need to be increased to 3 to 5 gallons of water plus crop oil concentrate at 1 pint to 1 quart per acre. Ground application gallonage should be increased to a minimum of 10 gallons per acre obtain thorough coverage.
NOTES for Use on Cotton:
1. DO NOT make more than 10 applications of BATTALION 1.5EC.
2. Allow 5 days between successive applications of BATTALION 1.5EC.
3. DO NOT apply BATTALION 1.5EC within 21 days of harvest.
4. DO NOT apply this product as a ULV application. Dilute the desired amount of BATTALION 1.5EC so that at least 2 gallons of spray solution per acre is applied.
- Aphids, Mites, Whitefly (adult): Suppression only.
- Tarnished plant bug, Tobacco budworm, Western plant Bug, Armyworm (all species): See resistance statement under the “Directions For Use” section.
- Armyworm (all species), Cabbage looper, Soybean looper: For best control apply to 1st and 2nd instar larvae.