GRAPE - PESTS CONTROLLED
Apply the product to deliver the active ingredient into the seed or root-zone of crop. Failure to place the product into root-zone may result in loss of control or delay in onset of activity. The product may be applied with ground or chemigation application. DO NOT apply with aerial application equipment. Broadcast, foliar applications are only recommended to seedling flats or trays, or where product is intended to be washed from foliage to soil prior to drying on foliage.
Optimum activity results from applications to the root-zone of plants to be protected. The earlier the product is available to a developing plant, the earlier the protection begins. The product is continuously taken into the roots over a long period of time and the systemic nature of the product allows movement from roots through the xylem tissue to all vegetative parts of the plant. This results in extended residual activity, the control of insects and the prevention and/or reduction of virus transmission or symptom expression, and plant health benefits. The rate applied affects the length of the plant protection period. The higher specified rates are intended for when infestations occur later in crop development, or where pest pressure is continuous. The product will generally not control insects infesting flowers, blooms or fruit. Additional crop protection may be required for insects feeding in or on these plant parts and for insects not listed in the crop-specific, pests controlled sections of the label. Suppression, or less than adequate control of certain diseases and insect pests including reduced feeding, may also result from applications of the product. Adequate control of these pests/diseases may require supplemental control measures.
Use of the product on crops grown for production of true seed intended for private or commercial planting is not permitted unless allowed under State specific supplemental labeling. As with any insecticide, care must be taken to minimize exposure of the product to honey bees and other pollinators. Avoid use of the product on crops requiring bee pollination during bloom and a minimum of 10 days prior to bloom. Additional information on the product uses for these crops and other questions may be obtained from the Cooperative Extension Service, PCAs, or local Nufarm representatives.
Pre-mix with water or other appropriate diluent prior to application. Keep the product and water suspension agitated to avoid settling.
DO NOT apply more than 0.5 lbs active ingredient per acre, per year, regardless of formulation or method of application, unless specified within a crop-specific, Application Instructions section for a given crop.
Apply specified dosage of the product in one of the following methods:
1. Chemigation into root-zone through low-pressure drip, trickle, micro-sprinkler or equivalent equipment;
2. Subsurface side-dress shanked into the root-zone on both sides of the plants followed by irrigation;
3. Hill drench in sufficient water to insure incorporation into the root-zone followed by irrigation.
4. For suppression of nematodes, apply 14 fluid ounces in a single application or two 7 fluid ounce applications on a 30 to 45 day interval. Treatments should be only by 1) chemigation into root zone through above ground low pressure drip, tickle, micro sprinkler or equivalent equipment or 2) French plow technique, followed immediately by sufficient irrigation to move the product into the entire root zone of the plant. Repeated and regular use of the product over several consecutive growing seasons provides the greatest degree of nematode suppression and yields the greatest plant response.
For optimum results, make application between bud-break and the pea-berry stage. A total of 14 fluid ounces/acre is recommended under the following conditions:
1. Where vigorous vine growth is expected
2. In warmer growing areas
3. Where mealybug and European fruit lecanium populations are expected to be heavy
4. Where vine populations exceed 600 per acre, or;
5. For suppression of nematodes
Phylloxera species - Repeated and regular use of the product over several, consecutive growing seasons controls existing Phylloxera infestations over time or prevents Phylloxera from becoming established.