WEED CONTROL IN TURFGRASS
This product is NOT recommended for application by homeowners.
In the state of New York, this product may be applied by commercial applicators ONLY.
This product controls crabgrass, other annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in established lawns, ornamental turf (including golf course fairways, roughs and tee boxes), and landscape ornamentals.
This product will not control emerged weeds, except for control of crabgrass up to initiation of tillering because the tillering stage of crabgrass growth generally corresponds to the time when seedlings are first visible in established turfgrasses.
Applying to crabgrass after tillering starts will not provide satisfactory control, and all other applications of this product should be made prior to germination of target weeds.
To be effective, this product must be activated by at least 1/2 inch of rainfall or irrigation. Applications should be timed to ensure that activation occurs prior to the tillering stage of crabgrass development or prior to germination of all other weeds.
- Do NOT allow the pouches to become wet prior to adding them to the spray tank.
- Do NOT remove the water-soluble pouches from the protective over-wrap except to add them directly to the spray tank.
- Do NOT handle the pouches with wet hands or wet gloves.
- Always reseal over-wrap bag to protect remaining unused pouches.
NOTE: Do NOT use on golf course putting greens.
1) Do NOT apply this product to Colonial bentgrass (Agrostis tenuis) varieties. Because undesirable turfgrass injury may result, using this product is not recommended on certain varieties of creeping bentgrass such as ‘Cohansey’, ‘Carmen’, ‘Seaside’, and ‘Washington’. Not all varieties of creeping bentgrass have been tested.
2) Because undesirable turfgrass injury may result, application is not recommended on the following fine fescue varieties that have been found to be sensitive to this product: ‘Atlanta’, ’Banner’, ‘Beauty’, ‘Bilgart’, ‘CF-2’, ‘Enjoy’, ‘HF-93’, ‘Highlight’, ‘Ivalo’, ‘Jamestown’, ‘Koket’, ‘Majenta’, ‘Mary’, ‘Pennlawn’, ‘Tamara’, ‘Tatjana’, ‘Waldorf’, and ‘Waldina’. Not all varieties of fine fescue have been tested.
3) Because undesirable turfgrass injury may result, applying this product on ‘Tifgreen’ (328) hybrid bermudagrass greens is not recommended.
4) Do NOT use this product on seedling buffalograss in the spring of the first year of establishment until the turfgrass is fully green and has established new roots.
- Early postemergence applications will control crabgrass only if applied prior to the fifth leaf (first tiller) stage of growth of crabgrass.
- For best results, cultural practices that disturb the soil (such as core-, spike-, or hydro-aerification, and verti-cutting) should be done prior to application of this product. Do NOT apply this product until the grass has recovered from these cultural practices.
- Do NOT use clippings from treated turf for mulch around vegetables or fruit trees.
- Do NOT graze livestock or feed foliage cut from areas treated with this product.
- Do NOT apply this product through any type of irrigation system.