ORNAMENTAL LAWNS AND TURF - SMALL AREA APPLICATIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Gordon’s Brushmaster Herbicide is recommended to control perennial broadleaf weeds and undesirable woody plants established in noncropland. It is effective for buckbrush, poison ivy, multiflora rose, and sumac established in the uncultivated areas presented below:
UNCULTIVATED AGRICULTURAL AREAS AND UNCULTIVATED NONAGRICULTURAL AREAS:
Recommended Noncropland Sites.
- Barrier strips
- Fencerows or fence lines
- Highway rights-of-way (principal, interstate, county, private, and unpaved roads): Roadsides, roadside ditches, road shoulders, road embankments, dividers, and medians.
- Industrial sites: Lumberyards, tank farms, fuel or equipment storage areas.
- Municipal, state, and federal lands: Airports and military installations
- Railroad rights-of-way
- Recreation areas: Fairgrounds, golf courses, parks, and areas adjacent to athletic fields.
- Utility rights-of-way: Telephone, pipeline, electrical powerlines, and communication transmission lines
Applications to non-cropland areas are not applicable to treatment of commercial timber or other plants being grown for sale or other commercial use, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
Prohibitions for Noncropland Sites.
- Do not apply to any body of water such as lakes, streams, rivers, ponds, reservoirs, or estuaries (salt water bays). Do not apply to any shorelines (noncropland sites adjacent to the edges of a body of water) for lakes, streams, rivers, ponds, reservoirs, or estuaries (salt water bays).
- Do not apply to wetlands (swamps, bogs, potholes, or marshes).
- Do not apply to agricultural irrigation water or on agricultural irrigation ditchbanks and canals.
- Do not apply to agricultural drainage water or on agricultural ditchbanks.
ORNAMENTAL LAWNS AND TURF
Small Area Applications (Not Recommended For Hose End Sprayers) – For spot treatments and small areas, mix Gordon’s Brushmaster Herbicide at 1.5 fluid ounces per 1 gallon of water per 1,000 square feet or follow the recommendations for hand operated sprayers presented on the label. Spray emerged weeds that are actively growing at anytime of the season. On newly established lawns, apply Gordon’s Brushmaster Herbicide after the grass has been mowed at least 3 times. Do not water the lawn within 24 hours after application and observe use precautions.
Limitations on spot treatments for ornamental turfgrass:
- Spot treatment is defined as a treatment area no greater than 1,000 sq. ft. per acre. The maximum application rate is 1.5 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. per application. The maximum number of spot treatments is limited to 2 per year with a minimum of 30 days between applications.