NON-CROP AREAS - FRILL TREATMENT
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Gordon’s Brushmaster Herbicide is recommended to control perennial broadleaf weeds and undesirable woody plants established in noncropland. It is effective for buckbrush, poison ivy, multiflora rose, and sumac established in the uncultivated areas presented below:
UNCULTIVATED AGRICULTURAL AREAS AND UNCULTIVATED NONAGRICULTURAL AREAS:
Recommended Noncropland Sites.
- Barrier strips
- Fencerows or fence lines
- Highway rights-of-way (principal, interstate, county, private, and unpaved roads): Roadsides, roadside ditches, road shoulders, road embankments, dividers, and medians.
- Industrial sites: Lumberyards, tank farms, fuel or equipment storage areas.
- Municipal, state, and federal lands: Airports and military installations
- Railroad rights-of-way
- Recreation areas: Fairgrounds, golf courses, parks, and areas adjacent to athletic fields.
- Utility rights-of-way: Telephone, pipeline, electrical powerlines, and communication transmission lines
Applications to non-cropland areas are not applicable to treatment of commercial timber or other plants being grown for sale or other commercial use, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
Prohibitions for Noncropland Sites.
- Do not apply to any body of water such as lakes, streams, rivers, ponds, reservoirs, or estuaries (salt water bays). Do not apply to any shorelines (noncropland sites adjacent to the edges of a body of water) for lakes, streams, rivers, ponds, reservoirs, or estuaries (salt water bays).
- Do not apply to wetlands (swamps, bogs, potholes, or marshes).
- Do not apply to agricultural irrigation water or on agricultural irrigation ditchbanks and canals.
- Do not apply to agricultural drainage water or on agricultural ditchbanks.
- Frill Treatment – This treatment is recommended for culling trees with trunk diameters greater than 5 to 6 inches. Make a frill by using an axe to cut overlapping notches in a continuous ring around the trunk near its base. Cut through the bark but do not remove chips.
- Mix 10.0 fluid ounces of Gordon’s Brushmaster Herbicide with 1.0 gallon of oil (diesel oil, No. 1. or No. 2 fuel oil, kerosene, mineral oil, or other oil blends formulated for basal applications). Refer to Table 2 for spray preparation. Spray or pour the spray mixture into the frills without runoff.
USE PRECAUTIONS FOR ALL METHODS OF APPLICATION:
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not apply when temperatures exceed 85°F and humidity is high.