APPLICATIONS TO EXTERIOR SURFACES OF STRUCTURES AND/OR INTO STRUCTURAL VOIDS
Use Directions for General Pest Control on Structure Exterior Surfaces and Foundation Perimeters
- Structures permitted to be treated: commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential buildings, and utility enclosures.
- DO NOT use indoors except for applications into structural voids.
- DO NOT make treatments while precipitation is occurring.
- DO NOT allow applications to runoff or drip from treated surface.
- Only protected applicators wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), as required by this product label, are allowed to be in the immediate area during application.
- DO NOT allow residents, children, other persons, or pets into the immediate area during application and until sprays have dried.
- After application, the applicator must check for deposition of treatment finished dilution in locations other than those prescribed on the label. If found, finished dilution must be cleaned up before leaving the application site. DO NOT allow residents, children, other persons, or pets to contact contaminated areas or to reoccupy contaminated areas of the structure until cleanup is completed.
- DO NOT treat within a distance of one foot out from edible plants.
- DO NOT contaminate water, food, or feed. Cover or remove all exposed food, feed, and drinking water.
- DO NOT contaminate public and private water supplies.
- DO NOT apply within 15 feet of fresh water bodies (e.g., lakes, reservoirs, rivers, permanent streams, marshes, natural ponds, commercial fish ponds). A 15-foot buffer of uniform groundcover must exist between the application area and fresh water bodies. NOTE: Uniform ground cover is defined as land which supports vegetation of greater than 2 inches in height throughout.
- DO NOT apply within 60 feet of estuarine water bodies. Estuarine water bodies are brackish or tidal water bodies (e.g., bays, mouths of rivers, salt marshes, lagoons).
- Doors and windows adjacent to surfaces to be treated must be closed during application.
- DO NOT apply to wasp or hornet nests if they are not attached to the structure exterior or inside structural voids.
- DO NOT directly spray air conditioning units or air intake vents.
- DO NOT apply to playground equipment and pet quarters.
- DO NOT apply to boat houses, including their piers or pilings.
- DO NOT use in a spray tank with borate contaminants.
When used as directed in the label, Termidor NY will kill and provide residual control of the following pests:
- ants (acrobat, Argentine, big-headed, carpenter, crazy, odorous, pavement, pharaoh, thief)
Additionally, Termidor NY will kill the following pests:
- beetles (Asian lady, darkling)
- bugs (box-elder, pill)
- cockroaches (Australian, Oriental, smokey brown)
- crickets, house
- earwigs, European
- flies, cluster
- spiders (black widow, brown recluse, cellar, hobo)
- ticks, brown dog
- wasps, paper*
- yellow jackets
* Termidor NY is not a knockdown agent.
Applications to Exterior Surfaces of Structures and/or into Structural Voids
Apply Termidor NY finished dilution (or foam) where listed pests: enter the structure, crawl and hide or trail, or where their nests are found. Using a low-pressure (25 PSI or less at the nozzle) coarse banded surface spray, treat up to an 18-inch wide band around doors, pipes, vents, windows, or any other exterior openings. Treat with a crack-and-crevice injection tip at drilled holes or foundation cracks where listed pests can enter the structure. Treat the joint where exterior siding (e.g., aluminum, vinyl, wood, or any similar material) meets the block, brick, or cement foundation. Treat areas where any wires (e.g., cable, electrical, telephone) enter the house. Termidor NY foam applications may be made to wall voids to kill/control listed pests according to the Foam Applications for General Pest Control section of the label.