COTTON - 8-16 FL OZ/ACRE
Zephyr 0.15 EC is an emulsifiable concentrate that will control spider mites (twospotted, carmine, Pacific, and strawberry) on cotton when the product is applied according to the Directions for Use. Thorough coverage of foliage is essential for good mite control.
Chemigation: Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
Spray Drift Precautions
Observe the following precautions when spraying in the vicinity of aquatic areas such as lakes; reservoirs; rivers; permanent streams, marshes or natural ponds; estuaries and commercial fish farm ponds.
- Do not apply with ground application equipment within 25 ft., or with aircraft within 150 ft. of lakes; reservoirs; rivers; permanent streams, marshes, natural ponds; estuaries, or commercial fish farm ponds.
- All aerial and ground application equipment must be properly calibrated, using appropriate carriers, and maintained. For aerial application, mount the spray boom in a manner that minimizes drift caused by wing tip vortices. Use the minimum practical boom length, but do not exceed 75% of the wing span or rotor diameter.
- Use the largest droplet size consistent with good pest control. Minimize the formation of very small droplets by selecting appropriate nozzles, orienting nozzles away from the air stream as much as possible and avoiding excessive spray boom pressure. Release the spray at the lowest height consistent with good pest control and flight safety. Avoid application more than 10 ft.
above the crop canopy.
- Make aerial or ground applications when wind velocity favors on-target product deposition (approximately 3-10 mph). Do not apply when wind velocity exceeds 15 mph. Avoid applications when wind gusts approach 15 mph. Avoiding application when the wind direction is toward the aquatic area can reduce the risk of exposure to aquatic areas. Do not cultivate within 10 ft. of the aquatic area to allow growth of a vegetative filter strip.
- Low humidity and high temperatures increase the evaporation rate of spray droplets and therefore increase the likelihood of spray drifting to aquatic areas. Avoid spraying during conditions of low humidity and/or high temperature.
- Do not make aerial or ground applications during temperature inversions. Inversions are characterized by stable air and temperatures that increase with height above the ground. Mist or fog may indicate the presence of an inversion in humid areas. The applicator may detect the presence of an inversion by producing smoke and observing a smoke layer near the ground surface.
Zephyr 0.15 EC is a Group 6 insecticide (contains the active ingredient, abamectin). Because of the inherent risks of pests developing resistance to any product, it is strongly advised that Zephyr 0.15 EC be used in a sound resistance management program. Treatment may not be effective against labeled pests if mite-tolerant strains develop. When applying Zephyr 0.15 EC use resistance management practices.
Resistance management practices may include, but are not limited to:
- Rotating Zephyr 0.15EC with other products with different modes of action (products not in Group 6),
- Using labeled rates at the specified spray intervals,
- Using non-chemical alternatives such as beneficial arthropods,
- Rotating susceptible and non-susceptible plants, and
- Using various cultural practices.
For additional information about these or other resistance management practices, consult your local agricultural advisor or company representative.
CROP USE DIRECTIONS
For control of spider mites
Mix with water as indicated below. Thorough coverage of the crop is essential for optimum results. Inadequate coverage may result in reduced control. For best coverage and control apply Zephyr 0.15 EC with ground application equipment.
Apply when mites first appear. The use rate depends on the size of the plant and density of the foliage. Repeat application if needed to maintain control. See Use Restrictions below.
The lower use rates of 4-6 fl. oz./A are only recommended if cotton is early season and under 10 inches in height. Do not use less than 4 fl. oz./A. West of the Rocky Mountains - the lower use rates may only be used on cotton less than 10 inches in height and applied only with ground equipment.
Note: Zephyr 0.15 EC may be used without a wetting agent. Spreading and penetrating surfactants can improve mite control. When necessary to improve the wetting of foliage and to smooth out spray deposits, a nonionic surfactant is recommended. Do not use binder or stickertype surfactants.
- Minimum Amount of Water: Do not apply in less than 5 gals. of water/acre. Use sufficient volume to insure thorough coverage.
- Application Interval: Wait at least 21 days before repeating application.
- Grazing/Feeding: Do not feed or allow livestock to graze treated cotton.