POTATOES - COLORADO POTATO BEETLE
Trigard Insecticide is a 75% wettable powder. When this product is mixed with water and applied according to the directions for use to the specified crops on the label, Trigard Insecticide will control the specified insects in the crops that are listed on the label.
Trigard Insecticide is a Group 17 Insecticide (contains the active ingredient cyromazine). Because of the inherent risk of resistance development to any product, it is strongly advised that Trigard Insecticide be used in a sound resistance management program. Treatment may not be effective against labeled pests if Trigard Insecticide tolerant strains develop.
For Colorado potato beetle control:
- Trigard Insecticide is an insect growth regulator and is most effective for control of first and second instar larvae of Colorado potato beetles. Although larger larvae can be affected, treatment of early instars will give best control. Affected larvae may remain on the plant for several days after treatment, but immediately stop feeding.
- Trigard Insecticide does not control adult beetles.
- Apply 2.66 oz. (one packet) or 5.32 oz. (two packets) per acre as a foliar spray. The first application should be made just after egg hatch to early instar larvae. If a second application for the same generation is needed, apply 2.66 oz. (one packet) or 5.32 oz. (two packets) per acre 7 to 14 days later.
- Apply with aircraft in a minimum of 5 gals. of water /A. With ground application equipment use a sufficient amount of water / to ensure thorough coverage of foliage.
Notes: To avoid possible illegal residues:
- Allow at least 7 days between applications.