BRASSICA CROPS GROWN FOR SEED - CABBAGE SEEDPOD WEEVIL - WASHINGTON
This product may be used in California by following the specific crop directions and the CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL LABEL found at the end of the label.
Not for use or storage in or around residential sites, including homes, non-agricultural outbuildings, pleasure boats, recreational vehicles, preschools, day care centers, and applications to humans and pets.
Do not use or store in greenhouses.
Do not use in undiluted form.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
Apply the listed amount per acre when insects first appear and repeat as required, unless otherwise noted, to maintain effective control. Use in sufficient water for thorough coverage of listed crops unless otherwise noted. Coverage of upper and lower leaf surfaces is essential for good control. For ground application, apply listed amount of pesticide in a minimum of 10 gallons of water per acre on vegetable or row crops unless otherwise noted. Observe use limitations. If insect control is required beyond the following use patterns, supplement the control program with other suitable pesticides.
BRASSICA CROPS GROWN FOR SEED
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Use 2 2/3 quarts of Thionex 3EC per acre in a minimum of 5 gallons of water by aerial application, or in a minimum of 20 gallons of water by ground application. Repeat if necessary to maintain control.
RESTRICTIONS / PRECAUTIONS
- Do not make more than 2 applications per season.
- All Brassica seed screenings shall be disposed of in such a way that they cannot be distributed or used for human food or animal feed. The seed conditioner shall keep records of screening disposal for three years from the date of disposal and shall furnish the records to the WSDA immediately upon request. Conditioner disposal records shall consist of documentation of on-farm disposal, disposal at a controlled dumpsite, incinerator, composter, or other equivalent disposal site and shall include the lot numbers, amount of material disposed of, the growers(s), and the date of disposal.
- No portion of the Brassica plant, including but not limited to green chop, hay, pellets, meal, whole seed, cracked seed, roots, bulbs, leaves and seed screenings may be used or distributed for food or feed purposes.
- Brassica seed shall bear a tag or container label which forbids the use of the seed for human consumption or animal feed.
- Brassica seed may not be distributed for human consumption or animal feed.
- For use under the SLN label do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- This product is toxic to bees exposed to direct application. Do not apply this product to blooming Brassica crops grown for seed if bees are visiting the treatment area. Applications to blooming Brassica crops grown for seed must be timed to coincide with periods of minimum bee activity, between late evening and midnight.
- This product is toxic to fish, birds, and other wildlife. Thionex 3EC must not be used where impact on listed threatened or endangered species is likely. You may contact the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, National Marine Fisheries Service or US Fish & Wildlife Service for information on listed threatened or endangered species. Consult the federal label for additional restrictions and precautions to protect aquatic organisms.
- Due to risk of runoff and drift, do not apply within a distance of 300 feet of lakes, ponds, streams, and estuaries.