WOOD DESTROYING INSECTS - WOOD-DESTROYING BEETLES AND BORERS
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any other person. Only protected applicators may be in the area during application. Keep people or pets away from treated area until dry.
- In living areas, do not apply Optigard Flex Liquid as a broad¬cast spray. In these areas use only as a void application, or as a spot treatment (e.g., under and/or behind appliances) or crack-and-crevice application in areas where occupants will not be exposed to direct contact.
- When applying Optigard Flex Liquid as a crack-and-crevice or spot treatment in living areas, do not exceed 0.5 gallons/1,000 sq ft of a 0.1% finished dilution.
- For void applications, do not apply until location of heat pipes, ducts, water and sewer lines, and electrical conduits are known. Caution must be taken to avoid puncturing and injec¬tion into these structural elements. Do not apply into electrical switches or receptacles or other wiring where electrical shock hazards exist.
- DO NOT apply this product, by any application method, to linden, basswood, or Tilia species.
Optigard Flex Liquid must be applied as a diluted finished application using mixing directions contained in the label. Treatment techniques used should provide placement of the product in the infested areas or as near as possible. Optigard Flex Liquid may be applied to structural voids, in cracks, crevices, corners or other out-of-the-way places, such as under and behind kitchen appliances and baseboards, under sinks, around window and door frames, pipes and water heaters and in the attic, crawl space and garage. Acceptable locations for treatment also include non-living space areas including crawl spaces, attics and unfinished basements. Applications may be made as a crack-and-crevice spray, a coarse, low-pressure spot spray, a surface spray or as a structural void application. Application to structural voids such as wall voids may be done by drilling a small hole into the void area or using a self-puncturing tip and injecting diluted product so that surfaces inside the void area are treated. Existing holes created by construction features may also be used to gain access to void treatment areas.
As described in the section on Control of Pests in Voids, closed, in-wall delivery systems may be used to apply product to the surfaces inside void areas.
Optigard Flex Liquid may also be used as a banded, spot treatment or crack-and-crevice application to perimeter exterior areas of structures for control of listed pests.
For remedial control of wood-destroying insects including drywood termites, wood-destroying beetles, and carpenter bees, Optigard Flex Liquid may be used as a spot treatment, wood surface application, or void application.
WOOD DESTROYING INSECTS
Control of Wood-Destroying Beetles and Borers
Apply Optigard Flex Liquid diluted to 0.1% as a spray, mist or foam to galleries, structural voids and or as wood surface treatments. For old house borers, or other beetles that form large galleries, treat the gallery system by drilling and injecting product with sufficient volume to cover the galleries. For beetles or borers that do not form galleries which can be readily injected (e.g. powderpost beetles) apply product as a liquid, mist or foam to exposed wooden surfaces in non-living space areas in crawlspaces, basements, attics, to structural voids, to spaces between wood elements of a structure or at joints between wood and foundations. Apply as a coarse liquid spray with low pressure (<25 psi), as a foam or mist application or by brushing diluted product onto the surface. Applications should be made in sufficient volumes to coat the target surface but less than the volume that creates runoff. Retreat as needed to maintain protection. Allow treated surfaces to dry before contacting them.
Surface applications may also be used to supplement spot treatment for termites, as a means to prevent re-infestation by swarming adult termites. Apply a 0.05%-0.1% dilution as a surface spray or mist to exposed wood surfaces in areas not used as living spaces, such as attics, crawlspaces, unfinished basements or structural voids.
Refer in the application diltion table for specific amount in fl oz or ml of Optigard Flex Liquid.