NONCROP AREAS (ROADSIDES, FENCELINES AND RIGHTS-OF-WAY) - PERENNIAL WEEDS
QUINSTAR 4L GT herbicide is intended for use in fallow systems, grass grown for seed, preplant wheat, preplant and in-crop sorghum and non-crop areas.
QUINSTAR 4L GT is formulated as a aqueous flowable designed for dilution with water and spraying in common agricultural spray equipment. When used as directed, QUINSTAR 4L GT will provide suppression or control of weed species listed in Table 1 of the label.
Based on the uses described in the label, QUINSTAR 4L GT may be applied by ground application equipment only. QUINSTAR 4L GT may be applied using aerial application equipment ONLY when permitted by approved supplemental labeling for this product. The supplemental labeling must be in the possession of the user at the time of aerial application.
QUINSTAR 4L GT may be applied as either a broadcast or spot spray application. Applications must be made to actively growing weeds.
For most broadleaf weeds, the most effective control will result from applying QUINSTAR 4L GT early, when weeds are small. Delaying application permits weeds to exceed the maximum size and may prevent adequate control. In irrigated areas, it may be necessary to irrigate before treatment to ensure active weed growth.
Ground Application (Broadcast)
Water Volume: Use 5-30 gallons of water per broadcast acre. When weed foliage is dense, higher spray volumes may be required.
Spray Pressure: Use a maximum of 30 psi (measured at the boom, not at the pump or in the line).
Application Equipment: Use only nozzles that will produce uniform spray patterns and thorough coverage, spaced up to 20 inches apart. Select nozzles designed to produce minimal amounts of fine spray particles. Do not use controlled droplet applicator (CDA) nozzles as erratic coverage can cause inconsistent weed control. Do not use selective application equipment such as recirculating sprayers or wiper applicators. Drift reduction nozzles such as Delavan Raindrop Drift Reduction Flat Spray Tip, RF Tips, XR Tee Jet Extended range Flat Spray Tips, or other brands of comparable capabilities are recommended.
GENERAL RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- Crop Rotation Restrictions: In case of crop failure, only Spring or Winter wheat or grain sorghum may be immediately replanted. Do not plant any other crop other than Spring or Winter wheat or grain sorghum for 309 days (10 months) following application. For alfalfa, clover, dry beans, flax, peas, lentils, safflower, Solanaceous crops listed below, and sugarbeets, do not replant for 24 months and conduct a bioassay prior to planting any of these crops.
- Do not apply to weeds or grasses under stress due to lack of moisture, herbicide injury, mechanical injury or cold temperatures, as unsatisfactory control may result.
- Do not apply to crops subjected to stress conditions such as hail damage, flooding, drought, injury from other herbicides, or widely fluctuating temperatures, as crop injury may result.
- Do not use selective application equipment such as recirculating sprayers, wiper applicators, or shielded applicators.
- Rainfast period: QUINSTAR 4L GT is rainfast 6 hours after application.
- Wind Speed for Ground Applications; Do not apply QUINSTAR 4L GT when wind is blowing more than 10 mph.
- Do not apply QUINSTAR 4L GT using aerial equipment unless permitted supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply through any type of irrigation equipment.
Do not allow QUINSTAR 4L GT to drift onto other desirable plants, especially sensitive crops belonging to the following plant families:
1. Solanaceae (tomato, potato, tobacco, eggplant, peppers [Capsicum], among others)
2. Umbelliferae (celery, parsley, carrots, among others)
3. Leguminosae (alfalfa, green bean, among others)
4. Convolvulaceae (sweet potato, among others)
5. Chenopodicaceae (spinach, sugar beet, among others)
6. Malvaceae (okra, among others)
7. Cucurbitaceae (watermelon, cantaloupe, squash, pumpkin, among others)
8. Compositae (lettuce, sunflowers, among others)
9. Linaceae (flax)
- Do not allow spray containing QUINSTAR 4L GT to drift onto areas where tomatoes are to be planted, have been planted, or onto emerged tomatoes, as severe injury will occur.
- Do not use QUINSTAR 4L GT in tank mixes not specified on the label or Albaugh technical bulletins.
- Do not premix QUINSTAR 4L GT with fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, additives, or fertilizers as contamination of mixing equipment and movement of QUINSTAR 4L GT to off-site mixing areas can occur.
Refer in the label regarding tank mix information.
NONCROP AREAS (ROADSIDES, FENCELINES AND RIGHTS-OF-WAY)
QUINSTAR 4L GT may be applied to non-crop areas such as fence lines, roadsides, highway medians, utilities, railroad and pipeline rights-of-way.
QUINSTAR 4L GT may be applied to non-cropland areas for the control of certain weeds in the Noxious Weed Control Programs, Districts or Areas including broadcast or spot treatments.Do not exceed a total of 1.5 pints of QUINSTAR 4L GT per acre per calendar year. For bindweed control with QUINSTAR 4L GT, refer to the section entitled “Field and Hedge Bindweed Directions” for use directions.
Crop-Specific Restrictions and Limitations
- Do not allow livestock to graze in treated areas.
- Do not harvest hay from treated areas within 309 days after application.
- Do not feed treated grasses, forage, hay, silage, straw, seed nor seed screenings to livestock.
- Do not apply to water or to areas where surface water is present.
- Do not apply to irrigation ditches or areas that act as a channel for water entering cropland.