ORNAMENTALS AND CONIFER NURSERIES ON RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES - ANNUAL BROADLEAF WEEDS
RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE is a selective, preemergent herbicide for control of many annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in turf and on a variety of woody ornamental shrubs and trees. RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE controls weeds by killing the young weed seedlings as they come in contact with the herbicide during germination.
Apply RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE with a properly calibrated sprayer that will apply the spray solution uniformly (uniform application is essential for satisfactory weed control). Calibrate the sprayer prior to use, according to the manufacturer’s directions and check daily to be certain that the equipment is working properly.
Do not allow domestic animals to graze treated areas. Avoid contamination of water intended for irrigation and domestic use.
WOODY ORNAMENTAL SHRUBS AND TREES, CONIFER NURSERY AND ORNAMENTALS ON RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
Must be applied by Professional Applicators only. Apply RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE prior to weed seed germination, as a directed spray to the soil surface or as an over the top spray on tolerant ornamentals used as ground cover. RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE can be applied to both newly transplanted and established plants. Application can be made to actively growing or dormant plants. However, RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE should not be applied during bud break or during the 4 weeks after bud break.
Rainfall or overhead irrigation (one-half inch) immediately after application will improve weed control activity. Rainfall or overhead irrigation immediately after over the top sprays is required to move the herbicide from the foliage to the soil surface.
RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE should not be mixed into the soil. Cultivating or disturbing the soil may reduce the weed control activity. Do not apply in greenhouses as plant injury may result from codistillation of RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE active ingredient onto leaf surfaces in condensation.
Remove existing weed growth before application. A subsequent application can be made 4 months after previous treatment. For over the top sprays, irrigate within 2 hours after application, otherwise injury to the ornamentals may result.
RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE may be applied to landscape beds consisting of well defined areas of solid or mixed stands of trees, shrubs, and ground covers located around buildings as well as in open areas of the residential property. Carefully measure the area of each bed to be treated to insure an accurate application rate.
- Do not apply in greenhouses as plant injury may result from co-distillation of RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE active ingredient onto leaf surfaces in condensate.
- Do not mechanically mix RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE into the soil.
- Do not permit people or pets to enter the treated area until after the directed spray application of RONSTAR FLO HERBICIDE is watered in and the soil surface is dry.
- Do not apply with adjuvants or drift control agents.
- Not currently registered in California for use on Bristly Oxtongue, Cheeseweed, Fiddleneck, Fireweed, Shepherdspurse, and Sow Thistle.
- Common Groundsel, Evening Primrose, Galinsoga, Liverwort, Prostrate Spurge, and Swinecress: Use 2.8 fl oz of product per 1000 sq. ft.
- Not currently registered for use on Fir, Hemlock, and Blue Spruce in California.