ORNAMENTALS, NURSERY, OTHER NONFOOD CROPS, ETC. - APPLICATION RATE: 0.55 FL OZ / 1000 SQ FT
Basagran T/O is a postemergence herbicide for use in established turf, ornamentals, non-crop sites, roadsides and rights of ways to control broadleaf weeds and sedges.
For tank mixture application instructions of Basagran T/O with other herbicides, refer to the label.
ORNAMENTALS, NURSERY, OTHER NONFOOD CROPS, NONCROP SITES, ROADSIDES, AND OTHER RIGHTS-OF WAYS
Basagran T/O may be applied as a directed spray around all ornamental and nursery plants except sycamore and rhododendron.
Directions For Use
Rate and Timing of Application
Apply Basagran T/O early postemergence to actively growing weeds before they reach the maximum size listed in Table 2. Early application to weeds produces the most beneficial weed control (exception: yellow nutsedge and Canada thistle). Delaying application permits weeds to exceed the maximum size stated and will result in inadequate control. Do not cultivate or mow within 5 days before or after applying Basagran T/O.
Water Volume and Spray Pressure
Apply recommended rates of Basagran T/O with a minimum of 0.5 gallon of water per 1,000 square feet (20 gallons per acre) and a minimum of 40 psi (measured at the boom, not at the pump or in the line). When foliage is dense, use up to 2.5 gallons of water and up to 80 psi. Use standard high-pressure pesticide hollow cone or flat fan nozzles spaced 20 inches apart. Do not use flood, whirl chamber, or controlled droplet applicator (CDA) nozzles.
Restrictions and Limitations
- Do not apply Basagran T/O herbicide to crop plants that have been subject to stress conditions such as hail damage, flooding, drought, extreme heat, or widely fluctuating temperatures as crop injury may result.
- Do not apply Basagran T/O if crop plants show injury (leaf phytotoxicity or plant stunting) produced by any other prior herbicide applications, because this injury may be enhanced or prolonged. Rainfall or overhead irrigation within 8 hours after application may reduce the effectiveness of Basagran T/O.
- Do not apply more than 1.5 fluid ounces of Basagran T/O per 1,000 square feet (4 pints per acre) in any 12-month period.
- Do not exceed a total of 1 pound of active ingredient (bentazon) per acre per application or 2 pounds of active ingredient (bentazon) per acre per season. One pint of Basagran T/O contains 0.5 pound of bentazon and one pint of Prompt 5L herbicide contains 0.3125 pound of bentazon.
- Do not exceed a total of 0.367 ounce active ingredient (bentazon) per 1,000 square feet per application or 0.73 ounce of active ingredient (bentazon) per 1,000 square feet per season. One fluid ounce of Basagran T/O contains 0.5 ounce of bentazon and one fluid ounce of Prompt 5L contains 0.3125 ounce of bentazon.
Clean the sprayer thoroughly before applying Basagran T/0, particularly if a herbicide with the potential to injure the plants to be sprayed with Basagran T/O was previously used. Physical incompatibility, reduced weed control, or ornamental plant injury may result from mixing Basagran T/O with pesticides (fungicides, herbicides, insecticides or miticides), additives or fertilizers. Micro Flo does not recommend using Basagran T/O tank mixes other than those listed on Micro Flo labels, supplemental labeling, or technical bulletins. Local professional authorities may be a source of information when using other than Micro Flo recommended combinations. Otherwise, test a small area of the site with the desired tank mix combination and allow 7-10 days to evaluate potential injury. - Do not apply Basagran T/O plus an oil concentrate with other pesticides whose labels caution against their use with oil adjuvants.
Shepherdspurse: Do not treat rosette before seed stalk appears.