DIRECTION OF USE
NipsIt INSIDE must be used only in accordance with recommendations on the label utilizing commercial liquid or slurry seed treatment equipment to secure proper application. Always mix product thoroughly before use.
As stated by regulations specified in 40 CFR 153.155, all seed treated with NipsIt INSIDE must be colored with an EPA-approved dye or colorant to visually distinguish seed is treated with a pesticide. It is mandatory that such dye or colorant be added into the slurry mixture containing NipsIt INSIDE, prior to application through commercial seed treatment equipment. This regulation is necessary to prevent treated seed from accidental use as a food for man or feed for animals.
Seed Quality And Storage Of Treated Seed
Seed treatments applied to low vigor or poor quality seed or to mechanically damaged seed may result in loss of seed germination or reduced seedling vigor. To verify seed safety, treat a small portion of seed with the desired slurry mixture (NipsIt INSIDE alone or in combination with other commercial seed treatment products) prior to treatment of an entire seed lot. Utilize standard seed germination methodologies to determine and verify seed safety.
Proper storage conditions of treated seed are recommended. Due to seed quality and seed storage conditions beyond the control of Valent U.S.A. Corporation, no claims are made to guarantee the germination of carry-over treated seed.
Seed Bag Label Requirement of Treated Seed
The Federal Seed Act requires that bags containing treated seed be labeled or tagged with the following information:
- This seed has been treated with NipsIt INSIDE containing clothianidin.
- Do not use for feed, food, or oil processing.
- Rapeseed greens and seed grown or harvested from NipsIt INSIDE treated seed must not be used for feed or human consumption. Rapeseed grown and harvested from NipsIt INSIDE treated seed is only for industrial uses and cannot be used for edible oil or any human/feed consumption.
- Store away from feeds and other foodstuffs.
- Wear long sleeved shirt, long pants and waterproof gloves when handling treated seed.
- Dispose of all excess treated seed. Left over treated seed may be double-sown around the headland or buried away from water sources in accordance with local requirements. Do not contaminate water bodies when disposing of planting equipment washwaters.
- Dispose of seed packaging in accordance with local requirements.
- Treated seeds exposed on soil surface may be hazardous to wildlife. Cover or collect treated seeds spilled during loading.
NipsIt INSIDE (clothianidin) is a systemic insecticide seed treatment providing seed and seedling protection against certain soil insects and early-season foliar insects of canola/rapeseed and sorghum. Accurate application of NipsIt INSIDE to seed is required for best performance. Application to seed by commercial seed treatment equipment utilizing standard liquid or slurry treaters, is necessary. Thoroughly mix NipsIt INSIDE prior to use or use entire container at one time. Tank mixtures with other seed treatment products should be pretested to evaluate formulation compatibility and to assure proper physical compatibility of products. Be aware of limitations or cautions documented on labels of all products used in a seed treatment mixture.
NipsIt INSIDE Insecticide provides seed and seedling protection against listed pests.
- Foliar spray of clothianidin can be applied 45 days after planting Insecticide treated soybean seeds for mid-to-late season foliar insects.
- Regardless of type of application (seed treatment or foliar), do not apply more than a total of 0.2 lbs active ingredient clothianidin per acre per season.
- Do not graze or feed soybean forage and hay to livestock.