SPOT TREATMENTS AND DIRECTED SPRAYS - NOT FOR USE ON TURFGRASS - 1 GALLON SPRAY VOLUME
Read all label directions before using.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is a postemergence herbicide for control of annual and perennial grass weeds in ornamentals and certain turf grasses. Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide does not control broadleaf weeds or sedges (nutgrass). Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be applied directly over the top of ornamentals or as a directed spray. Refer to the Ornamental Plant Tables for specific plant safety.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is a systemic herbicide which moves from the treated foliage into the shoots, roots, rhizomes, stolons, and growing points (meristematic regions) of treated grass weeds.
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is rainfast in one hour.
Growth of treated grass weeds stops soon after application. Symptoms include loss of vigor, yellowing and/or reddening, and eventual death to the treated grass weed plant. Symptoms are generally observed within 7-14 days after treatment, depending on grass weed species and environmental conditions. Complete control occurs from 10-21 days following application.
MANAGEMENT OF RESISTANT WEEDS
Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is a Group 1 herbicide (ACCase-inhibitor mode of action). Some naturally occurring grass weed populations have been identified as resistant to herbicides with the ACCase-inhibitor mode of action. Selection of resistant biotypes, through repeated use of these herbicides in the same field, may result in control failures. A resistant biotype may be present if poor performance cannot be attributed to adverse weather conditions or improper application methods. If resistance is suspected, contact your local Syngenta representative for assistance.
Principles of Herbicide Resistance Management
- Ensure that good spray coverage is achieved with proper spray volumes and calibrated equipment.
- Use the full label rate of product.
- Apply integrated weed management practices. Use multiple herbicide mechanisms of action with overlapping weed spectrums in rotation, sequences, or mixtures.
- Use cultivation, fertilizer regimens, seeding rates and row widths that enhance crop competitiveness.
- Prevent weed escapes from producing seed.
Thorough coverage of all weed plant foliage is important for good activity. Optimum weed control is achieved when young actively growing weeds are treated that are not under stress from moisture, temperature, low soil fertility, mechanical, or chemical injury.
TIMING – Best control of susceptible grass weeds is obtained when Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is applied to actively growing grass weeds before they exceed the listed growth stages shown on the label. Refer to the grass weed table for specific directions on weed growth stages.
For best control, use sufficient spray volume and pressure to ensure complete coverage of the target grass weeds. Apply in 1-2 gallons final spray per 1,000 sq ft with spray pressures of 40-60 psi at the nozzle tip. When grass weed foliage is dense, use 60 psi and a minimum of 2 gallons per 1,000 sq ft to ensure coverage of grass weed foliage. Do not exceed the maximum application rates for Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide.
Always add a high quality nonionic surfactant containing at least 75% surface-active agent, at 0.25-0.5% v/v (1/2-1 pint per 25 gallons) of the finished spray volume for ground sprays.
FOR BEST RESULTS, DO NOT USE FLOOD TYPE OR OTHER SPRAY NOZZLE TIPS WHICH DELIVER COARSE, LARGE DROPLET SPRAYS. FOR BEST RESULTS, DO NOT APPLY FUSILADE II TURF AND ORNAMENTAL HERBICIDE WITH CONTROLLED DROPLET APPLICATORS (CDA) OR ANY SIMILAR DEVICES.
CHEMIGATION: DO NOT APPLY THIS PRODUCT THROUGH ANY TYPE OF IRRIGATION SYSTEM.
Disturbance (such as mowing, hand weeding, etc.) of treated grass weeds is not recommended within 7 days prior to or within 7 days after application of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide, as weeds may be put under stress, reducing weed control. Timely cultivation 2-3 weeks before or after applying Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may assist weed control.
- Apply to actively growing grass weeds. Application to grass weeds which are stressed due to moisture, temperature, low soil fertility, mechanical or chemical injury may result in reduced weed control.
- For best results, apply at the directed rate to grass weeds at the recommended growth stages as outlined in Table 1 – Annual and Perennial Grass Weeds Controlled by Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide. Application to grass weeds which have tillered, formed seed heads, or exceeded listed growth stages may require additional treatment.
- Apply when the first grass weed species in a mixed grass weed population reaches the listed growth stages for treatment. Use the highest directed rate for grass weeds in that group.
- Where irrigation is used, best results may be obtained when Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide is applied within 7 days after irrigation.
- Best perennial grass weed control can be obtained if rhizomes or stolons are cut up by hoeing, etc., to stimulate maximum emergence of grass weed shoots.
- Avoid drift to all other crops and non-target areas. Some turfgrass crops are highly susceptible to Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide.
- For established turf, do not reseed desirable grasses to treated areas for 14 days following the application. For bare ground areas which have been treated, wait 30 days to reseed.
- Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be tank mixed with other pesticides, liquid fertilizers or any other additives according to the label or if local experience indicates that each product on the tank mix are safe to the treated crop.
- Sequential applications of other herbicides except as specified on the label or on supplemental labeling within five days before or after Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide application may result in ornamental injury and/or reduced grass weed control.
- Thoroughly clean spray tank with water and a commercial tank cleaner before and after each use.
- Reduced grass weed control may be observed if rainfall or irrigation occurs within one hour of application.
- It is recommended not to store Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide in or around homes.
- RESTRICTION: DO NOT GRAZE ANIMALS IN TREATED AREAS OR FEED TREATED PLANTS.
- REFER TO THE GRASS WEED TABLE FOR SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS ON WEED GROWTH STAGES.
NOTICE TO BUYER AND USER: It is impossible to test every species and variety or cultivar of ornamental or nursery plants under all conditions. Plant tolerance of pesticides varies as conditions vary. Plant tolerance of Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide at label rates has been found to be acceptable within the ranges specified for the indicated genera and species. Neither the manufacturer nor the seller has determined whether or not Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide can safely be used on plants not specified on the label. The user should determine if Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide can be used safely prior to use. Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may be applied as an over-the-top spray or a directed spray application in ornamentals.
SPOT TREATMENTS AND DIRECTED SPRAYS (NOT FOR USE ON TURFGRASS)
Mix Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide and a nonionic surfactant with water according to the amounts shown.
Spray to obtain thorough coverage, but do not spray to runoff. Retreat if necessary.