1. Production, Sales, And Packaging Limitations
A. Package Sizes
Formulation of this product into any concentrated liquid diazinon product is prohibited unless the formulated product is packaged in quantities not greater than one quart.
B. Reformulation, Sales, And Distribution Dates
1. After December 31, 2001, this product may not be formulated into another product unless the registrant of that product has submitted to the EPA a request to voluntarily cancel the registration pursuant to Section 6(f) of FIFRA on a date no later than December 31, 2004 and the registration of the reformulated product has been amended in the interim to incorporate the following conditions of registration:
(a) The registrant may not manufacture, label, or release for shipment the reformulated product after June 30, 2003.
(b) The registrant may not sell or distribute reformulated product after August 31, 2003.
(c) The registration of the reformulated product will expire and be canceled on December 31, 2004.
(d) The registrant of the reformulated product will send to every seller who purchases its product a notification of the Product Recovery Program to be conducted by Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc. and Makhteshim Chemical Works, Ltd. after December 31, 2004.
(e) Unless the label of the reformulated product expressly prohibits reformulation or repackaging of that product, the reformulated product must include on its label all of the restrictions contained in subparagraphs 3(A), 3(B), and 3(C) of Section I of the Memorandum of Agreement Between the Environmental Protection Agency and Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc. and Makhteshim Chemical Works, Ltd. Regarding the Registration of Pesticide Products Containing Diazinon.
2. Prohibited Uses
This pesticide MAY NOT BE USED for the formulation of manufacturing-use or end-use insecticides for use:
A. In pet collars, or inside any structure or vehicle, vessel, or aircraft or any enclosed area, and/or on any contents therein or on any site or crop not specified in the label.
3. Permitted Uses
This pesticide MAY BE USED only for the formulation of manufacturing-use or end-use insecticides with:
Non-Agricultural Product Labels
A. For the Following Crop Uses:
Apples, apricots, beans (succulent only), beets (red, table), blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, broccoli, Chinese broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, Chinese cabbage (bok choy and napa), cantaloupes, carrots, Casaba melons, cauliflower, cherries, cole crops, collards, red chicory (radicchio), sweet corn, Crenshaw melons, cucumbers, dewberries, endive (escarole), grapes, honeydew melons, kale, lettuce, lima beans (succulent only), loganberries, melons, muskmelons, mustard greens, Chinese mustard, nectarines, onions, parsley, parsnips, peaches, pears, peas (succulent only), peppers, Persian melons, plums, potatoes, prunes, radishes, Chinese radishes, raspberries, rutabagas, snap beans (succulent only), spinach, squash, strawberries, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, tomatoes, turnips (including tops), walnuts, watermelons, and zucchini.
Ornamentals grown outdoors and home lawns.
C. For exterior surfaces of and areas around the outside of the home including:
Window and door screens, window sills, the house foundation, unenclosed porches (but not underneath porches), patios, entranceways, walks, outdoor garbage cans and outdoor garbage can storage areas, tree trunks, and into cracks and other places where insects hide.
D. For band treatment:
Around the outside of the house next to the foundation.
E. For use as an additive to paints or stains for application outside on exterior surfaces of homes only.
4. Required Precautions to Reduce Risk to Birds
This product may be used to formulate end-use granular products for use on vegetables and lawns only if the labeling for such end-use products include certain directions and precautions to reduce risks to birds. This product may not be used to formulate end-use granular formulations of diazinon unless the labeling for the end-use product includes the following restrictions and directions:
A. The following precautions must appear in the directions for use for granular products on lawns:
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS TO REDUCE RISKS TO BIRDS
Birds, especially waterfowl (ducks or geese), feeding or drinking on treated areas may be killed. To reduce risks to birds:
1. Do not treat areas larger than 15,000 sq. ft.
2. Because of the migratory habits of certain waterfowl, do not apply in Nassau County, New York between November 1 and May 20.
3. Do not exceed maximum permitted label rates, since rates above those recommended significantly increase potential hazards to birds, especially waterfowl.
4. Avoid overlapping treated areas.
5. Follow all watering instructions included within the directions for use; however, stop watering before puddling occurs.
6. Do not apply this product to sites occupied by waterfowl or to sites within 75 ft. of any body of water that may attract waterfowl, such as lakes or ponds.
7. If necessary to repeat application, wait a minimum of 3 weeks between applications. Make no more than 4 applications per year.
B. Granular formulations with greater than 5% active ingredient may NOT be used on lawns.
C. The maximum use rate on lawns is 4.3 lbs. a.i. per acre.
D. For foundation band treatments around house foundations, the band must be no wider than 2 ft. and the use rate no greater than 4.3 lbs. a.i. per acre.