TREE, BUSH AND VINE CROPS - FIELD CITRUS - CITRUS NEMATODE, ETC. - SUPPRESSION
Applications of this product should direct active ingredient into the seed or root-zone of crop. Failure to place this product into root-zone may result in loss of control or delay in onset of activity. This product may be applied with ground or chemigation application. Do not apply with aerial application equipment. Broadcast, foliar applications are only recommended to seedling flats or trays, or where product is intended to be washed from foliage to soil prior to drying on foliage.
Optimum activity results from applications to the root-zone of plants to be protected. The earlier this product is available to a developing plant, the earlier the protection begins. This product is continuously taken into the roots over a long period of time and the systemic nature of this product allows movement from roots through the xylem tissue to all vegetative parts of the plant. This results in extended residual activity, the control of insects and the prevention and/or reduction of virus transmission or symptom expression, and plant health benefits. The rate applied affects the length of the plant protection period. Higher rates are recommended when infestations occur later in crop development, or where pest pressure is continuous. This product will generally not control insects infesting flowers, blooms or fruit. Additional crop protection may be required for insects feeding in, or on these plant parts and for insects not listed in the crop-specific, pests controlled sections of the label.
Suppression, or less than complete control of certain diseases and insect pests including reduced feeding may also result from applications of this product. Complete control of these pests/diseases may require supplemental control measures.
Use of this product on crops grown for production of true seed intended for private or commercial planting is generally not recommended. As with any insecticide, care should be taken to minimize exposure of this product to honey bees and other pollinators. Additional information on uses of this product for these crops and other questions, may be obtained from the Cooperative Extension Service, PCAs or local Nufarm representatives.
This product should be pre-mixed with water or other appropriate diluent prior to application. Keep this product and water suspension agitated to avoid settling.
Do not apply more than 0.5 lbs active ingredient per acre, per crop season, regardless of formulation or method of application, unless specified within a crop-specific, Recommended Applications section for a given crop.
TREE, BUSH AND VINE CROPS
Termites - FL only
Apply specified dosage of this product in one of the following methods:
1. Chemigation into root-zone through low-pressure drip, trickle, microsprinkler or equivalent equipment. For optimum results, apply to newly planted trees or those previously trained to drip, trickle or micro-sprinkler irrigation. Soil should be lightly pre-wetted to break soil surface tension prior to applications of this product. Chemigation application can be made separate to normal irrigation but followed by 10 to 20 minutes of additional watering to move this product into root-zone. Allow 24 hours before initiating subsequent irrigations;
2. Soil surface band spray on both sides of the tree. Bands should overlap at the tree base to create a continuous band within the drip-line area of the tree, to be followed immediately with light sprinkler irrigation sufficient to move the product into the upper portion of the root-zone. This method is suitable for very coarse soils with 0.75% organic matter or less;
3. Drench to base of tree not exceeding one-quart total solution per tree immediately around trunk of tree and extending outward covering the entire fibrous root system of the tree. Only recommended for trees up to 8 feet tall;
4. For control of existing termite infestations, apply specified dosage in 1 to 4 quarts of total solution volume, depending on size of tree, as a drench application to the basal portion of the tree trunk and surrounding soil in the immediate vicinity of the tree trunk.
5. For suppression of citrus nematode, apply specific dosage through low pressure chemigation or soil surface spray only, ensuring complete coverage of the root system and utilizing application directions stated above for the respective application method. Repeated and regular use of this product over several consecutive growing seasons provides the greatest degree of nemadode suppression and yields the greatest plant response.