CONTAINERIZED PLANTS - ADELGIDS, APHIDS, ETC.
MARATHON 60 WP Greenhouse and Nursery Insecticide is tor insect control on ornamental and vegetable plants in nurseries, greenhouses and interior pbntscapes. MARATHON 60 WP is a systemic product and will be translocated upward within the plant. This product is to be applied as a soil treatment only. To assure optimum effectiveness, the product must be placed where the roots of the plant can absorb the. active ingredient. Irrigate moderately but thoroughly after application, allowing no leaching and runout from container for at least three irrigations or 10 days which ever is longer.
Resistance: Some insects are known to develop resistance to insecticides alter repeated use. As with any insecticide, the use of this product should conform to resistance management strategies established for the use area. Consult your Cooperative Extension Service for resistance management strategies and recommended pest management practices for your area.
RECOMMENDED DRENCH AND IRRIGATION APPLICATIONS
Fot use only on ornamental arid vegetable plants in greenhouses, nurseries and interior plantscopes using soil drenches, micro-irrigation, drip irrigation, overhead irrigation, ebb and flood irrigation, or hand-held or motorized calibrated irrigation equipment.
Apply in sufficient water to wet the potting medium. For optimum conlral, make applications prior to egg hotch of the target pest. Irrigate moderately after application to move the active ingredient into the root zone.
- Fungus Gnat larvae in the soil will be controlled by drench or incorporation. No adult Fungus Gnat control. Other foliar insect control is achieved by the uptake of MARATHON 60 WP Insecticide from a healthy root system translocating the active ingredient.
- Root Mealybug control will require a through drenching of containerized medin. Coverage is essectial for control while minimizing the amount of leachate. Rate: one (1) packet in 150 gallons of water.
- Citrus Root Weevil: For use on non-bearing citrus nursery stock.
- Thrips suppression on foliage only. This in buds and flowers will not be suppressed.
- Vegetable Plants: Only for use on vegetable plants intended for resale including: Broccoli, Chinese broccoli, Broccoli rcab, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Chinese Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collards, Eggplant, Ground chern/, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mustard greens, Pepinos, Peppers, Potatoes, Rape greens, Sorghum, Sugarbeets, Tomatillo, and Tomato.
- See label for Container size (Inches) and the numbers of pots treated with one (Packet).