KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS, ETC.
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
Galigan 2E herbicide is recommended for late preemergence through early postemergence control of annual broadleaf weeds, annual grasses, and the seedling stage of perennial grasses, including volunteer crops, in established perennial grasses grown for seed. A minimum of 12 months of good growing conditions is required from the time of planting new stands of perennial grasses or until the perennial grasses are sufficiently well established (a minimum of 6 tillers or more) to be treated with Galigan herbicide.
Note: Due to the close proximity of native prairie remnants to agricultural areas and the potential for these areas to be adversely affected by herbicides through drift or possible runoff/soil movement, it is recommended that Galigan herbicide not be applied directly to native prairie habitats. It is recommended that dosage rates be maintained at the lower end of the use rate range (if effective seedling control can be achieved) in a further effort to lessen potential impacts to endangered species.
KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS, ETC.
Do not apply more than 24 ounces of Galigan 2E herbicide per acre as a result of two applications in a single growing season. The initial application should be applied before the weed (or grass) seedlings to be controlled exceed the two-leaf growth stage (typically prior to December 15). A second application may be required for optimal control/suppression.
For increased control of volunteer ryegrass seedlings in perennial ryegrass, do not apply more than 1.2 lb. active of diuron per acre in tank mixtures with Galigan 2E per season.
Early treatment is important for control of seedling grasses. Applications of Galigan 2E at the onset of grass seed germination during the initial fall rains (late preemergence) or at the one-leaf growth stage (early postemergence) may provide somewhat better control of volunteer crop seedlings than applications at the two-leaf stage. Ample soil moisture soon after application is required for optimum performance against seedling grasses.
WEEDS SUPPRESSED AND/OR CONTROLLED
Galigan 2E herbicide will provide control or suppression of the weeds and volunteer crops when applied between the onset of germination and the two-leaf seedling growth stage.
- California brome (Mountain) and Perennial Ryegrass: These species are suppressed but not fully controlled by Galigan 2E herbicide.
Galigan 2E herbicide will also control or suppress many annual broadleaf weeds.
Applications to seedling grasses between the two- and six-leaf stage may result in partial control, varying with species. Single applications made to seedlings between the two- and six-leaf growth stages will cause injury and stunting, but regrowth will generally occur. If seedlings have not died within three to four weeks after treatment with Galigan 2E herbicide and healthy green regrowth is visible, a second application may be needed. Galigan 2E herbicide will not control established perennial grasses or seedlings of most annual and perennial grasses beyond the six-leaf stage.
Tank mixtures of Galigan 2E with other registered herbicides may result in enhanced crop injury. If a tank mixture is to be applied, applications should be made only to healthy, vigorous stands of perennial grasses. The decision to apply a tank mixture containing Galigan herbicide is at the sole discretion of the grower and at the grower’s risk.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Use conventional ground spray equipment with flat fan spray nozzles at a minimum spray pressure of 30 psi. Do not exceed maximum spray pressure of 60 psi. Spray equipment should be calibrated carefully before each use.
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
- Follow the General Use Restrictions on the EPA-registered label.
- Do not graze livestock in treated fields within 150 days of application.
- Galigan 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment.
Chemigation: Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system