CARROTS GROWN FOR SEED
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
Application Rate and Timing: Begin applications in early spring when carrots are 8 to 10 inches tall. For best results, apply when weeds are in the 2 to 4 leaf stage. A maximum of 32 ounces product may be applied per acre per season. Method of Application: Galigan 2E should be thoroughly mixed with clean water at recommended concentrations and applied in a minimum of 20 gallons of water per acre. Use conventional ground spray equipment with flat fan nozzles (or equivalent) at 20 to 40psi. Galigan 2E may also be applied through sprinkler irrigation (solid set or portable lateral) systems. Refer to the EPA registered label for chemigation directions. Restrictions/Precautions:
- Do not enter or allow worker entry during the restricted entry interval (REI) of 24 hours. • Do not apply Galigan 2E by aerial application.
- This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates and wildlife. Galigan 2E should not be used under this SLN label where impact on listed threatened or endangered species is likely. You may refer to the WSDA Endangered Species Program web site at http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/natresources/EndangSpecies.aspx, or contact the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, National Marine Fisheries Service or US Fish & Wildlife Service for information regarding aquatic species listed as threatened or endangered. Consult the federal label for additional restrictions and precautions to protect aquatic organisms.
- A 25 ft. vegetative buffer must be maintained between all areas treated with this product and lakes, reservoirs, rivers, permanent streams, marshes or natural ponds, estuaries and commercial fish farm ponds.
- The application of Galigan 2E to carrots grown for seed has the potential to injure the crop. Injury to carrots grown for seed appears to be transient and benefits in weed control outweigh any slight amount of crop injury. The potential for crop injury may be reduced by using the lower rate, by not applying soon after or in combination with linuron, and by applying to larger size carrot plants.
- All carrot seed screenings shall be disposed of in such a way that they cannot be distributed or used for human food or animal feed. The seed conditioner shall keep records of screening disposal for three years from the date of disposal and shall furnish the records to the WSDA immediately upon request. Conditioner disposal records shall consist of documentation of on-farm disposal, disposal at a controlled dumpsite, incinerator, composter or other equivalent disposal site and shall include the lot numbers, amount of material disposed of, the growers(s), and the date of disposal.
- No portion of the carrot seed plant, including but not limited to green chop, hay, pellets, meal, whole seed, cracked seed, roots, bulbs, leaves and seed screenings may be used or distributed for food or feed purposes.
- Carrot seed shall bear a tag or container label which forbids the use of the seed for human consumption or animal feed.
- Carrot seed may not be distributed for human consumption or animal feed.