TREE FRUITS, NUTS, VINE - ALL OTHER STATES (EXCEPTARIZONA AND CALIFORNIA) - PREEMERGENCE
GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
TREE FRUITS, NUTS, VINES
GALIGAN 2E is effective as a preemergence and/or postemergence herbicide when used alone or in recommended combinations for the control of certain annual broadleaf weeds in certain bearing and nonbearing tree fruit, nut, or vine plantings. The most effective postemergence weed control is achieved when GALIGAN 2E herbicide is applied to seedling weeds. For postemergence control of certain grassy and broadleaf weeds, a tank mixture of GALIGAN 2E herbicide with either paraquat (Gramoxone) or glyphosate (Roundup) can be used.
For preemergence control of susceptible grassy and broadleaf weeds in certain tree fruit, nut, or vine plantings, a tank mixture of GALIGAN 2E herbicide with napropamide (Devrinol), diuron (Karmex), pronamide (KERB), simazine, norflurazon (Solicam), or oryzalin (Surflan) can be applied. Contact herbicides such as paraquat (Gramoxone) or glyphosate (Roundup) may also be added to the tank mixture. Check individual product labels to determine suitability and use rates for various crops.
TIMING AND METHOD OF APPLICATION
In Arizona and California, GALIGAN 2E herbicide can be applied during the period following completion of final harvest up to February 15 (February 1st in Coachella Valley, California). Applications made after the calendar dates above but prior to bud swell may result in significant crop injury and are the responsibility of the user. In California, Galigan 2E herbicide may be applied as an over-the-top or directed spray to dormant nonbearing grape plantings. The use of a low-pressure sprayer is suggested.
In all states, do not apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide after buds start to swell until completion of final harvest. Do not apply when fruits or nuts are present. GALIGAN 2E herbicide can be applied upon completion of final harvest.
As a preemergence treatment, apply a minimum of 40 gallons of water per acre. Use higher volumes to ensure adequate coverage in high densities of emerged weeds or heavy trash. Best preemergence results are achieved when spray is applied to a relatively weed-free established berm or soil surface. GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be directed to the soil and the base of dormant trees or vines. Use a low-pressure sprayer equipped with a breakaway boom and flat fan nozzles. An off-center (OC) nozzle positioned at the end of the boom may be desired. Do not apply to grape plantings that are under stress due to drought, flooding, excessive fertilizer or soil salts, storage conditions, wind injury, hail, injury from previously applied pesticides, or injury due to insects, nematodes, or diseases, as severe crop injury may result. See SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS for GALIGAN 2E herbicide application on dormant tree or vine plantings.
TREE FRUITS, NUTS, VINES
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the end of the label.
- Do not apply GALIGAN 2E herbicide during the period between bud swell and completion of final harvest or when fruit or nuts are present. GALIGAN 2E herbicide can be applied upon completion of final harvest.
- IN ARIZONA AND CALIFORNIA, GALIGAN 2E can be applied during the period following completion of final harvest up to February 15 (February 1st in the Coachella Valley, California). Applications made after the calendar dates above but prior to bud swell may result in significant crop injury and are the responsibility of the user.
- Do not apply more than 8 pints (2.0 lbs. active) per broadcast acre of GALIGAN 2E herbicide in one season.
- Do not apply to grapes or kiwi established less than 3 years unless vines are on a trellis wire a minimum of 3 feet above the soil surface.
- Do not apply to grapes or kiwi that are not staked or trellised unless vines are free-standing.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide or any of the combinations recommended on the label should be applied only to healthy growing trees or vines.
- Direct spray toward the base of trees or vines except in California, Galigan 2E may be applied as an over-the top application to dormant, nonbearing grape plantings. Otherwise, avoid direct plant contact. Use of a low pressure sprayer is suggested.
Eveningprimrose, Cutleaf: Highest rate and/or multiple applications may be required for acceptable control. Do not apply more than 6 pints (1.5 lbs. active) per broadcast acre of GALIGAN 2E herbicide in one season.