GENERAL USE INFORMATION
Unless otherwise directed by registered supplemental labels, follow the Directions for Use in each crop group section.
IMPORTANT: Read the entire DIRECTIONS FOR USE and the LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY before using this product. If terms are not acceptable, return the unopened product container to the place of purchase at once.
When an adjuvant is to be used with this product, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. suggests the use of a Chemical Producers and Distributors Association certified adjuvant.
IMPORTANT: TREATED SOIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY INCORPORATED TO A DEPTH OF 4 INCHES AFTER HARVEST (OR ABANDONING) OF THE TREATED CROP BUT PRIOR TO PLANTING OF THE ROTATIONAL CROP. FAILURE TO ACHIEVE THIS THOROUGH AND COMPLETE INCORPORATION OR TO FOLLOW THE REQUIRED MINIMUM PLANT-BACK INTERVAL MAY RESULT IN CROP INJURY, STAND REDUCTION, AND/OR VIGOR REDUCTION OF THE PLANT-BACK CROP. See specific fallow bed labeling regarding crop planting information for applications of GALIGAN 2E made to a fallow bed or fallow field.
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
USE RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL REGISTERED APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- Read and observe all label directions before using. When tank mixing, always read all individual manufacturers' labels. In interpreting all labels for the tank mixture, the most restrictive situations must apply.
- Do not contaminate irrigation water or water used for domestic purposes.
- Do not use any plants treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide for feed or forage.
- Do not feed or allow animals to graze on any areas treated with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied only by ground application equipment except as specifically directed on the label or on other approved supplemental labeling.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift. Avoid drift to all nontarget areas. GALIGAN 2E herbicide is phytotoxic to plant foliage.
- Thoroughly flush spray equipment (tank, pump, hoses, and boom) with clean water before and after each use. Residual GALIGAN 2E herbicide remaining in spray equipment may damage other crops. To assist in the removal of GALIGAN 2E herbicide residues in spray equipment, a non-ionic surfactant such as Latron AG-98 or Latron CS-7 may be added at the rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water during flushing.
- Use GALIGAN 2E herbicide only for recommended purposes and at recommended rates.
- Do not treat ditch banks or waterways with GALIGAN 2E herbicide.
- On all labeled food and/or feed crops, the maximum seasonal application rate is 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per acre (except tropical commodities grown in Hawaii).
- On all labeled ornamentals, the maximum application rate of 1.5 lbs. active ingredient (6 pints of this product) per application is allowed. A total of 4.5 lbs. active ingredient (18 pints of this product) is allowed per season.
- On all labeled conifer seedlings, the maximum application rate is 2 lbs. active ingredient (8 pints of this product) per acre.
Refer to the label regarding chemigation and tank mix information.
GALIGAN 2E is a selective herbicide for use as a post-directed application for broadleaf weed control in cotton. Cotton leaves that are accidentally sprayed will exhibit necrotic spotting and may drop from the plant, therefore, care must be exercised to avoid spray contact with the cotton leaves. Crop response may be enhanced if applications are made when excessive soil moisture is present or if rainfall occurs following application. Cotton will outgrow this condition and continue to develop normally.
Optimum control is achieved when 2 pints of GALIGAN 2E herbicide (0.5 lb. active) per acre are applied to weed seedlings not exceeding 4 true leaves.
Effective control of succulent weed seedlings in the 2- to 3-leaf stage can usually be obtained when 1 pint of GALIGAN 2E herbicide (0.25 lb. active) per acre are applied. See MIXING DIRECTIONS for surfactant recommendation. Weeds should be in the seedling stage, young and actively growing. Do not count cotyledon leaves.
- Dosages listed are for broadcast application. For banded application, the amount of GALIGAN 2E herbicide used per acre should be reduced according to the following formula.
SOUTHERN COTTON (ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, GEORGIA, LOUISIANA, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, NEW MEXICO, NORTH CAROLINA, OKLAHOMA, SOUTH CAROLINA, TENNESSEE, TEXAS, AND VIRGINIA)
Cotton plant height must be a minimum 6 inches or greater. Application to cotton plants less than 6 inches tall may result in severe crop injury and is not recommended. In cotton 6 to 8 inches tall, GALIGAN 2E herbicide must be applied using rigid precision ground sprayer equipment. The use of spray shields is recommended to avoid spray contact with cotton foliage. Use branch lifters or shields if excessive spray contact on larger cotton plants (8 inches or greater) cannot be avoided by the directed spray.
WESTERN COTTON (ARIZONA AND CALIFORNIA)
Cotton plant height must be a minimum 6 inches or greater. Applications to cotton plants less than 6 inches tall may result in severe crop injury and is not recommended. In cotton 6 to 8 inches tall, GALIGAN 2E herbicide must be applied using rigid precision ground sprayer equipment. The use of spray shields is recommended to avoid spray contact with cotton foliage. Use branch lifters or shields if excessive spray contact on larger cotton plants (8 inches or greater) cannot be avoided by the directed spray.
To obtain the maximum benefit of postemergence activity, encourage weed emergence by irrigating prior to spraying. Irrigate immediately following herbicide application to obtain greatest benefit of preemergence activity from GALIGAN 2E herbicide on nightshade and groundcherry species.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
SOUTHERN AND WESTERN COTTON
Accurate, uniform placement of GALIGAN 2E herbicide spray is essential for effective weed control and to minimize cotton injury. As a directed postemergence application, GALIGAN 2E herbicide should be applied at 20 to 25 psi using 20 to 40 gallons of spray on a broadcast acre basis. Do not exceed 25 psi. Spray should be directed towards the base of the cotton plant. Cotton foliage receiving accidental spray or drift may be injured. Weeds should be in the seedling stage, young and actively growing.
GALIGAN 2E herbicide can be applied using a post-direct spray rig with only 2 flat fan nozzles per row, 1 nozzle on each side of the row. Additional care should be taken when adjusting sprayer prior to application. For best coverage, it is suggested to use 4 flat fan nozzles per row, 2 nozzles on each side of the row. The 2 forward nozzles should point forward and downward while the rear nozzles should point to the rear and downward. With either sprayer system, nozzles should be adjusted to cover the weed foliage with minimum contact to the cotton plant. Do not use cone nozzles.
SOUTHERN AND WESTERN
SPECIFIC USE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the following, also observe GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS listed at the beginning of the label.
- SOUTHERN COTTON: Do not apply more than 2 pints (0.5 lb. active) per broadcast acre of GALIGAN 2E herbicide per season as a result of a single application or multiple applications. Do not apply within 90 days of harvest.
- WESTERN COTTON: Do not apply more than 2 pints (0.5 lb. active) of GALIGAN 2E herbicide per broadcast acre in a single application or more than a total of 4 pints (1.0 lb. active) of GALIGAN 2E herbicide per broadcast acre per season as a result of multiple applications. Do not apply within 75 days of harvest.
- Application after initiation of bloom is prohibited.
Poinsettia, Wild, Sida, Prickly (Teaweed): Multiple applications may be required for acceptable control.
Sicklepod: Post-direct applications of GALIGAN 2E herbicide will kill or suppress seedlings not exceeding the one true leaf stage.