Lorsban 15G contains a Group 1B insecticide. Insect/mite biotypes with acquired resistance to Group 1B may eventually dominate the insect/mite population if Group 1B insecticides are used repeatedly in the same field or in successive years as the primary method of control for targeted species. This may result in partial or total loss of control of those species by Lorsban 15G or other Group 1B insecticides.
To delay development of insecticide resistance, the following practices are recommended:
- Avoid consecutive use of insecticides with the same mode of action (same insecticide group) on the same insect species.
- Use tank mixtures or premix products containing insecticides with different modes of action (different insecticide groups) provided the products are registered for the intended use.
- Base insecticide use on comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Monitor treated insect populations in the field for loss of effectiveness.
- Contact your local extension specialist, certified crop advisor, and or manufacturer for insecticide resistance management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and resistant pest problems.
- For further information or to report suspected resistance, you may contact Dow AgroSciences by calling 800-253-3033 or over internet at www.dowagro.com.
Apply Lorsban 15G as a preplant broadcast treatment one week before transplanting using equipment that evenly distributes the granules over a treated area. Immediately following application, incorporate the granules into the soil to a depth of 2 to 4 inches using suitable equipment.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Do not make more than 1 application of Lorsban 15G or other product containing chlorpyrifos per season.
- The maximum single application rate is 2 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre.