GENERAL APPLICATION PRECAUTIONS
IMPORTANT FAILURE TO OBSERVE THE PRECAUTIONS IN THIS SECTION OF THE LABEL MAY RESULT IN INJURY TO SENSITIVE PLANTS
- The microencapsulation of clomazone, the active ingredient in Command 3ME, is intended to minimize movement away from the site of application. Avoid making applications when spray particles may be carried by air currents to areas where sensitive crops and plants are growing, or when temperature inversions exist. Leave an adequate buffer zone between the area to be treated and desirable plants. Coarse sprays are less likely to drift out of the target area than fine sprays.
- Foliar contact with spray drift or vapors may cause foliar whitening or yellowing of sensitive plants. Symptoms are generally temporary in nature, but may persist on some plant species.
Application precautions must be taken as follows:
- Do not apply aerially or through irrigation equipment.
- Observe all buffer restrictions.
- Do not apply Command 3ME within 1,200 feet of the following areas: Towns and Housing Developments, Commercial Fruit/Nut or Vegetable Production, Commercial Greenhouses or Nurseries.
Except for peppers, pumpkins, succulent peas, sweet corn, sweet potato, and winter squash.
- Before application, determine air movement and direction.
- Do not apply in winds above 10 miles per hour.
- Do not apply Command 3ME herbicide to non-field areas including fence rows, waterways, ditches, and roadsides.
- When moving spray equipment to noncontiguous sites, do not allow spray solution to spray or drip from tanks, hoses, fittings or spray nozzles and tips.
Refer to individual crop use directions for additional requirements.
GENERAL MIXING INSTRUCTIONS
Care must be taken when mixing Command 3ME herbicide. Avoid mixing in areas adjacent to desirable plants.
Command 3ME Alone: Mix Command 3ME with water or liquid fertilizer in the following manner: Fill the spray tank one-half to three-fourths full with water or liquid fertilizer, add the proper amount of Command 3ME, then add the rest of the water or liquid fertilizer. Provide sufficient agitation during mixing and application to maintain a uniform spray mixture.
GENERAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Broadcast or Banded Applications: Apply Command 3ME alone or in tank mix combinations by ground equipment using a finished spray volume of 10 to 40 gallons of water per acre. Use nozzles suitable for broadcast boom or banded application of herbicides. Coarse sprays are less likely to drift out of the target area than fine sprays. See “GENERAL APPLICATION PRECAUTIONS” and “SPRAY DRIFT PRECAUTIONS sections for specific recommendations to reduce spray drift. For Command 3ME tank mixtures with wettable powder or dry flowable formulations, nozzle screens and strainers should be no finer than 50- mesh.
Command 3 ME may be used as a preemergent soil surface applied treatment from 30 days before planting to just prior to crop emergence. If field conditions indicate the need for additional seedbed preparation, the use of equipment which will move the herbicide no deeper than 11/2 - 2” is acceptable.
Cultivation After Planting
If cultivation is necessary because of soil crusting, compaction, or weed emergence, soil treated with Command 3ME may be shallow-cultivated (no deeper than 11/ 2 - 2”) or rotary-hoed without reducing the weed control activity of Command 3ME. Avoid deep cultivation which may bring untreated soil to the surface and result in poor weed control.
Before applying Command 3 ME on vegetable crops, users, growers and/or applicators should review the VEGETABLE DISCLAIMER found in the TERMS OF SALE OR USE section at the end of the label.
Command 3ME herbicide may be utilized as a soil applied treatment prior to weed emergence, for suppression or control of annual grass and broadleaf weeds in beans (succulent), cabbage, cucumbers, peas (succulent), peppers, squash (including processing pumpkins) and sweet potatoes. Refer to Weeds Controlled table in the Vegetable Crops section for specific weeds.
Make a single herbicide application in a minimum of 10 gallons of water per acre at the rate(s) specified in the individual crop listings hereafter. Apply as a preemergent soil applied treatment prior to seeding or transplanting, or after seeding but prior to crop emergence. Place seed, or roots of the transplants, below the chemical barrier when planting.
Command 3ME herbicide may be tank mixed with other herbicides registered for use on vegetables to broaden the weed control spectrum compared to the products applied alone. When applying mixtures of Command 3ME plus other vegetable herbicides, observe all cautions and limitations appearing on the labels of each product. Observe all application precautions, use directions, rotational crop restrictions and replanting instructions of each product’s label when using tank mixes. Follow the most restrictive precautions and instructions for all products used. Water or liquid fertilizer may be used as a carrier for Command 3ME when applied alone, or when tank mixed with other vegetable herbicides unless use directions specifically state otherwise.
Before applying Command 3 ME on mint, users, growers and/or applicators should review the VEGETABLE DISCLAIMER found in the TERMS OF SALE OR USE section at the end of the label.
Command 3ME herbicide may be utilized as a preemergent treatment for the control of annual grass and broadleaf weeds in mint.
Suppression/Partially Controlled the weeds listed.