FRUIT TREES (DORMANT/DELAYED DORMANT SPRAYS) - APHIDS AND OTHER PESTS
Broadcast Foliar Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment using nozzles and spray pressures recommended for insecticides. Apply Nufos 4E in a spray volume of not less than 2 gallons per acre for aerial application equipment (fixed wing or helicopter) or not less than 10 gallons per acre for ground equipment, unless otherwise specified. Increase spray volume to ensure adequate coverage with increased density and height of crop canopy. See Spray Drift Precautions section for recommendations on droplet size.
Ground Application: Orient the boom and nozzles so that uniform coverage is obtained. The swath width should not be wider than the boom. Follow nozzle manufacturer’s recommendations for insecticide nozzles with respect to nozzle type, pressure, and spacing.
Broadcast Soil Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment that will apply the product uniformly to the soil surface. Use nozzles that produce medium or coarse droplets (235-400 microns). Unless otherwise indicated, a spray volume of 10 gallons or more per acre is recommended. For band application, use proportionally less spray volume.
Use a minimum spray volume of 2 gallons per acre and follow recommendations for best management practices for aerial application, above.
Marking of swaths by flagging, permanent markers or use of GPS equipment is recommended.
Chemigation (Sprinkler Irrigation)
Nufos 4E may be applied to the following crops through sprinkler irrigation equipment: alfalfa, citrus (orchard floors only), corn (field and sweet), cotton, cranberry, mint, sorghum, soybeans, sugarbeet, orchard floors (almond, pecan and walnut), and wheat, or other crops as specified in Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply this product by chemigation unless specified in crop-specific directions in the label or Cheminova supplemental labeling. Do not apply to labeled crops through any other type of irrigation system.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated in specific use directions, the application rates for chemigation are the same as those recommended for broadcast application.
APPLE - Aphids and other pests - DORMANT/DELAYED DORMANT SPRAYS
Apply as a dormant or delayed dormant spray. While Nufos 4E may be used without oil, oil is recommended to control additional pests such as European red mites. See precautions for use of oil. Apply as a concentrate or dilute spray using conventional, power-operated spray equipment. For dilute sprays (greater than 200 gpa), use sufficient spray volume to completely wet tree foliage, but not to point of runoff. For concentrate sprays (less than 200 gpa), uniformly apply an equivalent amount of Nufos 4E per acre.
Use a higher rate in the rate range when there is increased pest pressure.
Specific Use Precautions:
- Cold or dry conditions may cause Nufos 4E plus oil sprays to infuse into trees, resulting in bud damage or bud drop. Do not apply until winter rains or irrigation has replenished soil moisture such that bark and twigs are not desiccated.
- To avoid contamination of irrigation tail waters, do not flood irrigate within 24 hours of application of Nufos 4E.
- Avoid contact with foliage in sweet cherries as premature leaf drop may result.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Do not make a soil or foliar application of Nufos 4E or products containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of a dormant/delayed dormant application of chlorpyrifos to the orchard.
- Make only 1 application of chlorpyrifos during the dormant season.
- Only one application of any chlorpyrifos containing product can be made per year. The application can be either a pre-bloom dormant/dormant delyaed to the canopy or the trunk, or a post-bloom application to the lower 4 feet of the trunk.
- Post-bloom application to apples is prohibited.
- Do not allow meat or dairy animals to graze in treated orchards.
For other fruit trees only: Do not make a soil or foliar application of Nufos 4E or products containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of a dormant/delayed dormant application of chlorpyrifos to the orchard.
Additional Restrictions Specific to California:
- Do not use more than 1% dormant oil in almond orchards less than 4 years old.
- Use a minimum of 250 gallons of total spray volume per acre.
- Use up to 2% Supreme oil with no more than 4 gpa on almonds.
- Use up to 2% Supreme oil with no more than 6 gpa on peaches and nectarines.
- Refer to the University of California pest management guide for apples, pears, plums and prunes.
- In orchards with high overwintering populations of European red mite or brown almond mite, use higher spray volumes that allow for the use of higher per acre rates of oil.
- Do not use any adjuvants or surfactants in addition to or as a substitute for a petroleum spray oil in a tank-mix with Nufos 4E.
- Do not apply on almonds in the following counties in California: Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Solano, Sutter, Tehama, Yolo, and Yuba.
Restricted Entry Interval:
4 days - tree fruits
Not for Use in Mississippi.