BEARING CROPS - WALNUTS (CALIFORNIA ONLY)
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
RESTRICTED USE PESTICIDE
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.
SPRAY DRIFT PRECAUTIONS
AVOIDING SPRAY DRIFT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICATOR AND GROWER.OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS WHEN SPRAYING IN THE VICINITY OF AQUATIC AREAS:
- Do not apply by ground within 50 feet or by air within 75 feet of lakes, reservoirs, rivers, permanent streams, marshes or natural ponds; estuaries and commercial fish farm ponds.
- The above excludes irrigation canals and waterways as well as man-made irrigation conveyance structures and impoundments, unless an exclusion contains water year-round.
- Risk of exposure to sensitive aquatic areas can be reduced by making applications when the wind direction is away from the aquatic area.
- Consider inclusion of a drift control agent in the spray tank.
Wind direction and speed
- Only apply this product if the wind direction favors on target deposition.
- Do not apply when the wind velocity exceeds 15 mph.
- Do not make aerial or ground applications into temperature inversions.
- Inversions are characterized by stable air and increasing temperatures with height above the ground. Mist or fog may indicate the presence of an inversion in humid areas. The applicator may detect the presence of an inversion by producing smoke and observing a smoke layer near the ground surface.
- For ground and aerial applications apply the coarsest droplet size spectrum that provides sufficient coverage and mite control.
Additional Requirements for Ground Applications
- For ground boom applications, apply using a nozzle height of no more than 4 feet above the ground or crop canopy.
- For airblast applications, turn off outward pointing nozzles at row ends and when spraying the outer two rows. To minimize spray loss over the top in orchard applications, spray must be directed into the canopy.
Additional Requirements for Aerial Applications
- The spray boom should be mounted on the aircraft as to minimize drift caused by wingtip or rotor vortices. The minimum practical boom length should be used and must not exceed 75% of the wing span or 80% rotor diameter.
- Spray must be released at the lowest height consistent with pest control and flight safety. Do not release spray at a height greater than 10 feet above the crop canopy unless a greater height is required for aircraft safety.
- When applications are made with a cross-wind, the swath will be displaced downwind. The applicator must compensate for this displacement at the downwind edge of the application area by adjusting the path of the aircraft upwind.
Under some conditions, propargite may have a high potential for runoff into surface water for several days after application. Do not apply in the following areas:
- frequently flooded areas (excluding crop irrigation areas).
- areas where intense or sustained rainfall is forecasted to occur within 48 hours.
Care should be taken when making applications where the following conditions exist:
- poorly draining or wet soils with readily visible slopes toward adjacent surface water.
- areas with in-field canals or ditches that drain to surface water.
- areas not separated from adjacent surface waters with vegetated filter.
Consult your soil conservation service for recommendations in your use area.
- Do not use in spray solutions above pH 10.
- It is best to use OMITE-30WS® at pH 7 or lower.
- Unless the rotated crop is a registered use for propargite, the following applies:
- Do not plant any root crop in rotation within 6 months after last application of propargite to labeled crops.
- Do not plant other crops in rotation within 2 months after last application of propargite to labeled crops.
OMITE-30WS is a dry wettable powder for preparing sprays to control mites.
OMITE-30WS is not systemic in action; therefore complete coverage of both upper and lower leaf surfaces and of fruit is necessary for effective control. OMITE-30WS can be used in concentrate sprays as directed by this label.
OMITE-30WS performance is best when day temperatures average above 70°F.
This package contains 2 x 2 . pound water soluble bags of OMITE-30WS. Do not add products that release free chlorine or contains boron with water soluble bag formulations. Boron and free chlorine will inhibit the solubility of the water soluble bag material causing it to precipitate and form insoluble residue inside the tank.
After opening package:
1. Fill spray tank with 1⁄2 the required amount of water and turn on agitation system.
2. Do not open or perforate the inner water soluble bags of OMITE-30WS. The water soluble bags and contents will dissolve in water.
3. Immediately put water soluble bag into spray tank and mix using vigorous agitation.
4. Fill tank with the remaining amount of required water.
5. Do not touch water soluble bags as handling may cause breakage.
6. Use only entire water soluble bag. Do not break bags or use partial bags.
7. Do not begin spraying until the bag is completely dissolved and the powder is thoroughly dispersed in the spray tank.
8. If only one water soluble bag is used, store the remaining bag in the original package in a dry location away from heat or cold.
- Do not mix water soluble bags with boron-type compounds, halogen compounds or strong alkaline or acidic products.
- Do not use penetrating surfactants. Under certain conditions a non-penetrating surfactant can be added. Rely on your prior use experience or consult your local surfactant supplier for specific recommendations.
- Do not apply in combination with petroleum based foliar spray oils as phytotoxicity may occur.
- OMITE-30WS is not compatible with alkaline materials such as lime, lime sulfur or Bordeaux. The effectiveness of OMITE-30WS will be reduced.
- Except as noted, OMITE-30WS is compatible with many pesticides.
Observe all cautions and limitation of labeling of all products used in mixtures. However, due to variations in water quality, e.g. hardness and pH, it is required that users conduct small scale trials under local conditions to ensure compatibility prior to large scale use.
Contact your supplier or the company representative for additional information on compatibility.
DOSAGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE ON BEARING CROPS
- Each water soluble bag contains 2 ½ lbs. of OMITE-30WS.
- Apply high rate only to areas with high mite infestation and to areas which historically have had high mite infestations.
- See COMPATIBILITIES section.
Ground Application: Apply in a minimum of 100 gallons total volume per acre.
Aerial Application: Apply in a minimum of 10 gallons total volume per acre.
- Do not apply more than 6.4 lbs propargite a.i./acre per year, equivalent to a maximum application of 20 lbs of product per acre per year. Do not make more than 2 applications per season; the minimal spray interval is 21 days.