Mentor EC is a broad-spectrum fungicide used to aid in the control of several post-harvest diseases in citrus, stone fruit, and tomato in post-harvest treatment facilities.
Integrated pest Management
Mentor EC should be integrated into an overall disease and pest management strategy (IPM) whenever the use of a fungicide is required. Cultural practices known to reduce disease development should be followed. Consult your local agricultural authorities for additional IPM strategies established for your area. Mentor EC may be used in State Agricultural Extension advisory (disease forecasting) programs which recommend application timing based on environmental factors favorable for disease development.
Mentor EC is in the Group 3 class fungicides. The mode of action of Mentor EC is as a demethylation inhibitor (DMI) of sterol biosynthesis which results in disruption of membrane structure and function. Fungal pathogens can develop resistance to products with the same mode of action when used repeatedly. Because resistance development cannot be predicted, use of this product should conform to resistance management strategies established for the crop and use area. Consult your local or State agricultural authorities for resistance management strategies that are complementary to those in this label. Resistance management strategies may include rotating and/or tank mixing with products having different modes of action or limiting the total number of applications per season. Syngenta Crop Protection encourages responsible resistance management to ensure effective long-term control of the fungal diseases on this label. Do not alternate or tank mix Mentor EC with any fungicide to which resistance has already developed.
Methods of Application
Mentor EC may be used as a post-harvest dip, drench, flood or spray application for control of certain post-harvest diseases.
- All application equipment must be properly maintained and calibrated using appropriate carriers or surrogates.
- Use T-jet, CDA, flood jet, or similar application system for in-line aqueous or coating spray application.
Application Volume and Spray Coverage
- Ensure proper coverage from the dip/drench or spray application.
RESTRICTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Ensure the Mentor EC solution remains in suspension by using agitation.
Mix in an appropriate amount of water, wax/oil emulsion, or aqueous dilution of wax/oil emulsion.
Dip for approximately 30 seconds and allow fruit to drain.
Must be used in tank mixture with fludioxonil. May be used with a food grade adjuvant.
- Refer to Resistance Management.
1) Maximum Single Application Rate: 32 fl oz
2) Maximum Annual Rate: 32 fl oz (DO NOT exceed 0.22 lb ai of propiconazole-containing products)
3) DO NOT make more than one post-harvest application to the fruit.
4) Mentor EC is stable at temperatures of 60°C (or 140°F) that can be used to disinfest high-volume, recycling tanks.