FOR TREATMENT OF RAW, UNPROCESSED FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SURFACES [REGULATED BY US EPA] - FOGGING INSTRUCTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
- Fogging and foaming applications not approved for use in California.
TREATMENT OF RAW, POST HARVEST FRUITS AND VEGETABLES AND PROCESSING WATERS
FOR TREATMENT OF RAW, UNPROCESSED FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SURFACES [REGULATED BY US EPA]
Fogging Instructions (Not Approved for Use in California):
Apply SaniDate 15.0 as a fog to control the growth of non-public health microorganisms that may cause decay and/or spoilage on raw, post-harvest fruits and vegetables during the postharvest process.
Commercially-applied fogging methods may be used, provided the dilution rates of the resultant solution do not exceed those prescribed in this section (85–100 ppm peroxyacetic acid in the use solution).
Conventional corrosion-resistant fogging devices are recommended. Applicable for use on all types of post-harvest commodities.
1. Vacate all personnel from the room during fogging.
2. Prepare a 0.06% v/v SaniDate 15.0 solution (0.076 fl. oz. per gallon of water). This provides 100 ppm of peroxyacetic acid and 66 ppm of hydrogen peroxide.
3. Fog areas using one–two quarts of solution per 1,000 cu. ft of room area.
4. Exit the area or space immediately and remain outside the treated area or space until the area or space is thoroughly ventilated and until fog or mist has dispersed.
5. Do not enter room until hydrogen peroxide concentrations are tested and are below 1 ppm on a time weighted average. Reentry times may vary.
6. Contact your BioSafe Systems technical representative for specific applications.