CORN (FIELD, SWEET, SEED) - CONSERVATION TILLAGE: PREPLANT, AT-PLANT, OR PREEMERGENCE
Lorsban Advanced insecticide is an emulsion in water for use in listed crops. This product resists washoff once it is dry. Target pests and application rates are provided in the accompanying tables.
Use Precautions and Restrictions
Insect control may be reduced at low spray volumes under high temperature and wind conditions.
Some reduction in insect control may occur under unusually cool conditions.
Flood irrigation: To avoid contamination of irrigation tail waters, do not flood irrigate within 24 hours following a soil surface or foliar application of Lorsban Advanced.
Do not aerially apply this product in Mississippi.
Insecticide Resistance Management (IRM)
Lorsban Advanced contains a Group 1B insecticide. Insect/mite biotypes with acquired resistance to Group 1B may eventually dominate the insect/mite population if Group 1B insecticides are used repeatedly in the same field or in successive years as the primary method of control for targeted species. This may result in partial or total loss of control of those species by Lorsban Advanced or other Group 1B insecticides.
To delay development of insecticide resistance:
- Avoid consecutive use of insecticides with the same mode of action (same insecticide group) on the same insect species.
- Use tank mixtures or premix products containing insecticides with different modes of action (different insecticide groups) provided the products are registered for the intended use.
- Base insecticide use upon comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Monitor treated insect populations in the field for loss of effectiveness.
- Contact your local extension specialist, certified crop advisor, and or manufacturer for insecticide resistance management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and resistant pest problems.
- For further information or to report suspected resistance, you may contact Dow AgroSciences by calling 800-258-3033.
Broadcast Foliar Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment using nozzles and spray pressures specified for insecticides. Apply Lorsban Advanced in a spray volume of not less than 2 gallons per acre (gpa) for aerial application equipment (fixed wing or helicopter) or not less than 10 gpa for ground equipment, unless otherwise specified. Increase spray volume to ensure adequate coverage with increased density and height of crop canopy.
Ground Application: Orient the boom and nozzles so that uniform coverage is obtained. The swath width should not be wider than the boom. Follow nozzle manufacturer’s specifications for insecticide nozzles with respect to nozzle type, pressure, and spacing.
Broadcast Soil Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment that will apply the product uniformly to the soil surface. Use nozzles that produce medium or coarse droplets (255 to 400 microns). Unless otherwise indicated, a spray volume of 10 gpa or more is needed. For band application, use proportionally less spray volume.
Use a minimum spray volume of 2 gpa. Mark swaths by mechanical flagging, permanent markers or GPS equipment.
Apply Lorsban Advanced through properly equipped chemigation systems for insect control in alfalfa, almond (orchard floors only), citrus (orchard floors only), corn (field and sweet), cotton, cranberry, peppermint, sorghum, soybeans, spearmint, sugarbeet, orchard floors (pecan and walnut), and wheat, or other crops as specified in Dow AgroSciences supplemental labeling. Do not apply this product by chemigation unless specified in crop-specific directions in this label or Dow AgroSciences supplemental labeling. Do not apply to labeled crops through any other type of irrigation system.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated in specific use directions, the application rates for chemigation are the same as those specified for broadcast application.
CORN (FIELD, SWEET, SEED)
Conservation Tillage: Preplant, At-Plant, or Preemergence
Apply as a broadcast spray to surface trash and exposed soil using power-operated ground spray equipment. Use a total spray volume of 20 gpa or more. Use a higher rate in the rate range to extend residual control.
Pest-Specific Use Directions:
Cutworms: It is preferable to apply Lorsban Advanced when soil is moist and worms are active on or near the soil surface. If ground is dry, cloddy, or crusted at time of treatment, worms may be protected from the spray and effectiveness will be reduced.
Shallow incorporation using a rotary hoe or other suitable equipment immediately before or soon after treatment may improve control. A second application may be required if damage or density levels exceed economic thresholds established for your area.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Preharvest Interval: Do not apply within 21 days before harvest of grain, ears, forage or fodder.
- Do not make more than three applications of Lorsban Advanced or any product containing chlorpyrifos per season, including the maximum allowed of two granular applications, at the 1 lb ai chlorpyrifos rate.
- Do not make a second application of Lorsban Advanced or other product containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of the first application.
- If more than 1 lb ai granular chlorpyrifos per acre is applied at-plant (for a maximum of 1.3 lb ai per acre per season), only one additional application of a liquid product containing chlorpyrifos at 1 lb ai per acre is allowed per season, for a total of 2.3 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre per season.
- Do not apply in tank mixes with Steadfast or Lightning herbicides.
- Do not aerially apply this product in Mississippi.