BRASSICA (COLE) LEAFY VEGETABLES
Apron XL is a systemic fungicide seed dressing specifically for protection against systemic downy mildews and diseases caused by soil-borne Pythium and Phytophthora spp. When a rate range is specified, use higher specified rates of Apron XL when the disease pressure is expected to be high.
For protection against other soil-borne diseases, such as Rhizoctonia spp., Apron XL should be applied in combination with other registered seed dressing fungicides.
Apron XL may be applied as a water-based slurry with other registered seed treatment insecticides and fungicides through standard slurry- or mist-type commercial seed treatment equipment.
Where mefenoxam/metalaxyl products used allow the same maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per calendar year:
If more than one product containing mefenoxam/metalaxyl active ingredient is used on an acre during the same calendar year and the mefenoxam/metalaxyl products used allow the same maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per calendar year, then the total poundage of all such mefenoxam/metalaxyl products used must not exceed any of the specified individual mefenoxam/metalaxyl product maximum poundage of active ingredient allowed per acre per calendar year.
Where mefenoxam/metalaxyl products used allow different maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per calendar year:
If more than one product containing mefenoxam/metalaxyl active ingredient is used on an acre during the same calendar year and the mefenoxam/metalaxyl products used allow different maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per calendar year, then the total poundage of all such mefenoxam/metalaxyl products used must not exceed the lowest specified individual mefenoxam/metalaxyl product maximum poundage of active ingredient allowed per acre per calendar year.
SEED CONTAINER LABEL REQUIREMENTS
User is responsible for ensuring that the seed container meets all requirements under the Federal Seed Act.
The Federal Seed Act requires that the container of seed treated with Apron XL shall be labeled with the following statements:
- This seed has been treated with mefenoxam fungicide.
- Do not use treated seed for feed, food, or oil purposes.
In addition, include the following statements on the container of seed treated with Apron XL.
- Store away from food and feedstuffs.
- Do not allow children, pets or livestock to have access to treated seeds.
- Treated seed exposed on soil surface may be hazardous to wildlife; cover or collect treated seed that are spilled during loading and in areas such as row ends.
- Wear long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes, socks, and chemical-resistant gloves when handling treated seed.
- Dispose of all excess treated seed by burying seed away from bodies of water.
- Do not contaminate bodies of water when disposing of planting equipment wash water.
- Dispose of seed packaging or containers in accordance with local requirements
- Excess treated seed may be used for ethanol production only if: (1) By-products are not used for livestock feed, and (2) No measurable residues of pesticides remain in ethanol by-products that are used for agronomic practice.
- Treated seed must be incorporated into the soil at the recommended depth.
- Ground Water Advisory: Mefenoxam is known to leach through soil into groundwater under certain conditions as a result of label use. This chemical may leach into groundwater if used in areas where soils are permeable, particularly where the water table is shallow.
Apron XL contains mefenoxam, a Group 4 fungicide. Mefenoxam belongs to the phenylamide class of chemistry which interferes with fungal RNA synthesis.
Fungal populations may contain individuals naturally resistant to Group 4 fungicides and if used repeatedly in the same fields, then resistant members may eventually dominate the population. Because resistance development cannot be predicted, the use of this product should conform to sound resistance management strategies such as alternation with fungicides with a different mode of action and/or tank mixes established for the crop and use area.
Use should be based on an IPM program that includes field sanitation, scouting, historical information related to pesticide use, and crop rotation. The IPM program should also consider cultural, biological, and other chemical control practices.
Syngenta encourages responsible product stewardship to ensure effective long term control of the fungal diseases on this label.
For additional information on Fungicide Resistance Management:
- Contact Syngenta representatives at 1-800-334-9481
- Contact your local extension specialist or certified crop advisor
- Visit the Fungicide Resistance Action Committee (FRAC) on the web at: http://www.frac.info
BRASSICA (COLE) LEAFY VEGETABLES
For direct-seeded crops and for seeds sown for transplant purposes: For Pythium damping-off protection, apply Apron XL as a seed treatment at 0.085-0.64 fl . oz./100 lb of seed.
For seeds sown for transplant production: Always use Apron XL seed treatment with a label rate of Dynasty.
Do not apply a preplant or an at-plant application of mefenoxam or metalaxyl products to seed treated with Apron XL. However, Ridomil Gold products can be applied beginning 6 weeks after transplanting.