CORN (FIELD, SWEET, SEED) - ANTS, CHINCH BUGS, ETC. (IN-FURROW)
Lorsban 15G contains a Group 1B insecticide. Insect/mite biotypes with acquired resistance to Group 1B may eventually dominate the insect/mite population if Group 1B insecticides are used repeatedly in the same field or in successive years as the primary method of control for targeted species. This may result in partial or total loss of control of those species by Lorsban 15G or other Group 1B insecticides.
To delay development of insecticide resistance, the following practices are recommended:
- Avoid consecutive use of insecticides with the same mode of action (same insecticide group) on the same insect species.
- Use tank mixtures or premix products containing insecticides with different modes of action (different insecticide groups) provided the products are registered for the intended use.
- Base insecticide use on comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Monitor treated insect populations in the field for loss of effectiveness.
- Contact your local extension specialist, certified crop advisor, and or manufacturer for insecticide resistance management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and resistant pest problems.
- For further information or to report suspected resistance, you may contact Dow AgroSciences by calling 800-253-3033 or over internet at www.dowagro.com.
CORN (FIELD CORN AND SWEET CORN, INCLUDING CORN GROWN FOR SEED)
Lorsban 15G is compatible with all ALS inhibitor herbicides applied in accordance with label recommendations. Refer to product labels for additional precautions and directions for use. Equivalent rates of Lorsban 15G per acre for various row spacings are given in Table 1.
At-Plant In-Furrow Application
Apply 8 oz of Lorsban 15G per 1000 ft of row at planting as an in-furrow treatment in conventional, minimum and no-till corn. Direct the granules into the planter shoe with the seed, or place the applicator tube directly behind the planter shoe so that the granules drop into the seed furrow, or place the granular band applicator behind the planter shoe so that the granules fall on the soil surface and into the open seed furrow and are covered with soil.
Pest-Specific Use Directions:
Cutworms and chinch bugs: The 8 oz rate provides suppression only for in-furrow treatments.
Wireworms: For best control, apply as an in-furrow treatment. Consider using a hopper box insecticidal seed treatment with T-band applications.
Ants: Excludes ants of significant public health importance such as fire ants, harvester ants, carpenter ants, and pharaoh ants. The 8 oz rate provides suppression only for in-furrow treatments.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Do not make more than 3 applications of any product containing chlorpyrifos per season, including the maximum allowed of 2 granular applications, at the 1 lb ai chlorpyrifos rate. Re-treatment with a second soil application of Lorsban 15G is allowed under replant situations due to loss of crop during establishment only when initially applied at the rate of 1 lb.
- Do not apply more than a total of 3 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre per season.
- Maximum single application rate for at-plant applications is 8 oz of Lorsban 15G per 1000 ft of row (1.3 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre).
- Maximum single application rate for postplant application is 6.5 lb of Lorsban 15G (1 lb ai chlorpyrifos) per acre.
- Do not make a second application of Lorsban 15G or other product containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of the first application.
- Do not apply by aircraft at a rate greater than 1 lb ai chlorpyrifos
- Do not make more than 1 at-plant application and 1 foliar application of Lorsban 15G per season at the 1 lb ai chlorpyrifos rate.
- If more than 1 lb ai granular chlorpyrifos per acre is applied at-plant (for a maximum of 1.3 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre per season), only 1 additional application of a liquid product containing chlorpyrifos at 1 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre is allowed per season, for a total of 2.3 lb ai chlorpyrifos per acre per season.