Lorsban-4E insecticide is an emulsifiable concentrate for use in listed crops. This product resists washoff once it is dry. Target pests and a p plication rates are provided in the accompanying tables.
Use Precautions and Restrictions
Insect control may be reduced at low spray volumes under high temperature and wind conditions.
Some reduction in insect control may occur under unusually cool conditions.
Flood irrigation: To avoid contamination of irrigation tail waters, do not flood irrigate within 24 hours following a soil surface or foliar application of L orsban-4E.
Do not aerially apply this product in Mississippi.
Insecticide Resistance Management (IRM)
Lorsban-4E contains a Group 1B insecticide. Insect/mite biotypes with acquired resistance to Group 1B may eventually dominate the insect/mite population if Group 1B insecticides are used repeatedly in the same field or in successive years as the primary method of control for targeted species. This may result in partial or total loss of control of those species by Lorsban-4E or other Group 1B insecticides.
To delay development of insecticide resistance:
- Avoid consecutive use of insecticides with the same mode of action (same insecticide group) on the same insect species.
- Use tank mixtures or premix products containing insecticides with different modes of action (different insecticide groups) provided the products are registered for the intended use.
- Base insecticide use upon comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Monitor treated insect populations in the field for loss of effectiveness.
- Contact your local extension specialist, certified crop advisor, and or manufacturer for insecticide resistance management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and resistant pest problems.
- For further information or to report suspected resistance, you may contact Dow AgroSciences by calling 800-258-3033.
Broadcast Foliar Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment using nozzles and spray pressures specified for insecticides. Apply Lorsban-4E in a spray volume of not less than 2 gallons per acre (gpa) for aerial application equipment (fixed wing or helicopter) or not less than 10 gpa for ground equipment, unless otherwise specified. Increase spray volume to ensure adequate coverage with increased density and height of crop canopy.
Ground Application: Orient the boom and nozzles so that uniform coverage is obtained. The swath width should not be wider than the boom. Follow nozzle manufacturer’s specifications for insecticide nozzles with respect to nozzle type, pressure, and spacing.
Broadcast Soil Application
Apply with conventional power-operated spray equipment that will apply the product uniformly to the soil surface. Use nozzles that produce medium or coarse droplets (255 to 400 microns). Unless otherwise indicated, a spray volume of 10 gpa or more is needed. For band application, use proportionally less spray volume.
Use a minimum spray volume of 2 gpa. Mark swaths by mechanical flagging, permanent markers or use of GPS equipment.
For use only in California, Oregon and Washington
Mix the speci??ed dosage in 100 to 400 gpa of spray and apply using an airblast speed sprayer or other suitable ground equipment.
Specific Use Restrictions:
- Do not make more than one postharvest application (prior to dormancy) per year.
- Do not harvest or use treated fruit for food or feed.
- Do not allow meat or dairy animals to graze in treated orchards.
- If unauthorized entry into a treated orchard cannot be prevented, then the orchard must be posted with appropriate signs according to the Worker Protection Standard while treated, unharvested fruit remains on the tree.