CITRUS FRUIT CROP GROUP - DILUTE SPRAYS
Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide is an insecticide that will control certain insect pests. The product must be mixed with water and applied to labeled crops according to the specific crop use directions for effective control of these insects. For good mite and insect control, apply Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide so that the foliage is thoroughly covered by the spray solution.
Phytotoxicity: Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide has been tested for phytotoxicity and has been proven to be safe on a variety of crops. Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide is also compatible with many commonly used pesticides, crop oils, and nutritional sprays. However, it is impossible to test all crop varieties and combination of spray mixtures under all possible growing conditions. Prior to mixing, users should test the compatibility of Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide with any combination product using physical compatibility jar tests. Before applying Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide and combination products to large areas of the crop, test small areas for phytotoxicity.
New York State Restriction: Do not apply Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide by aerial application in New York State.
Chemigation: Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
Spray Drift Precautions for Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide Use on Celeriac, Cotton, Cucurbits, Fruiting Vegetables, Grapes, Hops, Leafy Vegetables, Potatoes, and Strawberries:
- Do not apply with ground application equipment within 25 ft. or with aircraft within 150 ft. of lakes, reservoirs, rivers, permanent streams, marshes, potholes, natural ponds, and estuaries, of commercial fish farm ponds.
- All aerial and ground application equipment must be properly calibrated, using appropriate carriers, and maintained. For aerial applications, mount the spray boom on the aircraft in a manner that minimizes drift caused by wing tip vortices. Use the minimum practical boom length but do not exceed 75% of wingspan or rotor diameter.
- Use the largest droplet size consistent with pest control. Minimize the formation of very small droplets by selecting appropriate nozzles, orienting nozzles away from the air stream as much as possible, and avoiding excessive spray boom pressure. Release the spray at the lowest height consistent with pest control and flight safety. Avoid application more than 10 ft. above the crop canopy.
- Make aerial or ground applications when wind velocity favors on-target product deposition (approximately 3 to 10 mph). Do not apply when wind velocity exceeds 15 mph. Avoiding applications when wind direction is toward the aquatic area can reduce risk of exposure to aquatic areas. Do not cultivate within 25 ft. (10 ft. for cotton) of the aquatic area to allow growth of a vegetative filter strip.
- Low humidity and high temperatures increase the evaporation rate of spray droplets and therefore increase the likelihood of spray driftingto aquatic areas. Avoid spraying during conditions of low humidity and/or high temperature.
- Do not make aerial or ground applications during temperature inversions. Inversions are characterized by stable air and temperatures that increase with height above the ground. Mist or fog may indicate the presence of an inversion in humid areas. The applicator may detect the presence of an inversion by producing smoke and observing a smoke layer near the ground surface.
Resistance Management: Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide contains the active ingredient abamectin. There are inherent risks of pests developing resistance to any product; therefore, it is strongly advised that Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide be used in a sound resistance management program (including practices such as non-chemical alternatives (beneficial arthropods), rotation of Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide with insecticides that have different modes of action, rotation of susceptible and non-susceptible plants, etc.). Once insect or mite-tolerant strains develop, Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide will not be effective against labeled pests. In crops that have pests with multiple generations per crop per year, resistance management practices help reduce the risk of resistance development to Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide. Additional information is available on implementation of these or other resistance management practices from your local agricultural advisor or company representative.
CITRUS FRUIT CROP GROUP
- Dilute Spray Rate is based on a volume of 1,000 gal/A dilute spray.
And add (for best results) a Horticultural Spray Oil that is not a dormant oil - 0.20% or 1 gal/A
Directions for Application
Apply Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide using conventional dilute or concentrate sprays using ground application equipment. Calibrate equipment prior to application to ensure sufficient water is used for thorough coverage (outside coverage for Asian citrus psylla, ctrus leafminer or citrus thrips). The size and number of trees per acre as well as foliage density will determine the gallons of spray required.
- Applications made in the spring, summer or fall should be made when mites first appear.
Citrus bud mite:
- Time application to occur at “bud swell”.
- Do not apply more than 3 applications per growing season 30 days or more apart.
- To prevent pest resistance to Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide, do not apply in citrus nurseries.
- Do not allow livestock to graze in treated orchards.
Spray Drift Precautions: Observe the following precautions when spraying in the vicinity of aquatic areas such as lakes, rivers, permanent streams, marshes or natural ponds, estuaries, and commercial fish farms:
- Spray last 3 rows upwind of aquatic areas using nozzles on one side only, with spray directed away from aquatic areas
- Avoid spray going over tops of trees by adjusting or turning off top nozzles. Shut off nozzles on the side away from the grove/orchard when spraying the outside row. Shut off nozzles when turning at ends of row and passing tree gaps in rows.
- Do not apply Solera Abamectin 0.15EC Ag Insecticide/Miticide when weather conditions favor drift to aquatic areas.
- Do not apply within 110 feet upwind of aquatic areas or when wind speed is above 8 miles per hour.
- Do not apply during a temperature inversion.