SOIL INJECTION - COMPACTED OR NONPOROUS SOILS
PHC for Trees 11-22-22 SRN is a water-suspendible product that provides both chemical and biological fertility. Its chemically-based elements address trees’ immediate nutritional needs, while its beneficial microbes will help to sustain fertility over the long term. A new surfactant technology (RZ3) helps the product to readily penetrate soil.
PHC for Trees 11-22-22 SRN:
- Is a low to moderate nitrogen fertilizer ideal for fall applications or other situations where low nitrogen levels are preferred
- Provides both macro- and micronutrients to replenish seasonal (short-term) fertility requirements, and promote growth, health and vigor
- Provides select microbes that fix atmospheric nitrogen, solubilize phosphorus and release bound mineral elements in soluble form through decomposition of organic materials for long-term fertility benefits
- Can be applied by soil injection or by drench
- Is compatible with PHC Tree Injectable for Trees and other mycorrhizal fungal inoculant products
- Its slow-release nitrogen has been very finely ground to improve particle suspension in most jet or paddle agitation systems.
SOIL INJECTION: Mix recommended amount of PHC for Trees with water, and inject soil to a depth of 8 to 10 inches. Start injections immediately past the root flare, being careful to avoid damage to large woody roots. Where possible, injections should cover the entire area beneath the canopy and just beyond the drip line.
Using the recommended rate below will apply 0.6-Lbs of nitrogen and 1.3-Lbs of both phosphorus (P2O5) and potassium (K2O) per 1000 square feet.
Compacted or Nonporous Soils:
- Mix 16-Lbs (2 bags) PHC for Trees per 100 gallons of water
- SOIL INJECT:
- 100 gallons per 2500 sq ft (1 quart per injection on 2.5 foot centers) or
- 2.5 gallons per inch DBH (diameter at breast height)
Not recommended for foliar application.
Mixed solution should be used within a 12 hour period.