PHC Ecto-Injectable is designed specifically for ecto-mycorrhizal fungi tree species. PHC Ecto-Injectable contains a cocktail blend of ectomycorrhizal fungi, yucca plant extract and includes PHC BioPak with its beneficial rhizosphere bacteria. PHC Ecto-Injectable introduces spores of selected species of ectomycorrhizal fungi to the root zone. These fungi colonize the roots and can:
- Increase absorption and transfer of water and mineral nutrients from the soil to the plants
- Help plants mitigate adverse environmental conditions such as drought, soil salinity, and extremes of soil pH.
PHC Ecto-Injectable also introduces six species of beneficial rhizosphere bacteria which can improve soil fertility by:
- Fixing atmospheric nitrogen
- Solubilizing mineral phosphorus
- Biodegrading soil organic matter, releasing mineral nutrients
Ectomycorrhizae benefit conifers and hardwoods, such as: Pine, Beech, Spruce, Birch, Hemlock, Hickory, Basswood (Linden), Pecan, Larch, Willow, Cypress, Oak, Eucalyptus, Cedar, Chestnut and Fir.
For other tree species, use PHC Injectable for Trees, as it contains both endo and ectomycorrhizae plus formononetin, a mycorrhizal stimulant that enhances root colonization of endomycorrhizae.
Spores of ectomycorrhizal fungi can be effectively drenched into soil. Determine the total square feet of soil beneath canopy of tree(s) to be sprayed. Use a minimum of 25 to 30 gal of spray solution per acre. Apply 1 pound per 2500 square feet (water volume may vary) to the soil beneath the tree canopy. Follow with irrigation to wash the product into the soil.