BROADCAST APPLICATION - EXISTING PERRENIAL (FL.OZ. / 1000 SQ.FT.)
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide must be used only in accordance with directions for use on the label. Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. will not be responsible for losses or damage resulting from use of this product in any manner not specifically authorized by Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc.
State Specific Restrictions:
The state of Arizona has not approved this product for use on agricultural sites. Do not use this product on uses considered by the Arizona statutes to be agricultural uses.
Formulation and Mode of Action:
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide is a suspension concentrate formulation containing 3.17 pounds oxadiazon per gallon. Oxadiazon is a member of the oxadiazole chemical family of herbicides. Members of this herbicide family inhibit protoporphyrinogen oxidase production (PPO inhibitor) in plants and control weeds by killing the young weed seedlings as they come in contact with the herbicide during germination. Seedlings of susceptible weeds emerge from treated soil and then wilt and die. A preemergent application of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide controls many annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in turf, conifer nurseries, and on a variety of woody ornamental shrubs and trees.
Always apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide with a clean and properly calibrated sprayer that will apply the spray solution uniformly. Calibrate the sprayer prior to use according to the manufacturer’s directions and check daily to be certain that the equipment is working properly. Thorough and uniform spray coverage is essential for satisfactory weed control. The spray delivery system should provide a uniform spray pattern with a minimum of drift.
Precautions and Restrictions For Use of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide:
1. Weed control may be reduced if the product is mechanically mixed into the soil.
2. Do not contaminate water intended for irrigation and domestic use.
3. Do not allow domestic animals to graze treated areas.
4. Do not apply in greenhouses, as plant injury may result from co-distillation of active ingredient onto leaf surfaces in condensate.
Broadcast application rates:
Use rates are provided in the following table when using Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide in a tank mixture with glyphosate to control existing undesirable vegetation. These rates are intended as general information. Consult the rate sections in individual product labels for detailed information on specific weed species controlled and rates of application.
Restrictions for Use of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide in Tank Mix Combinations in Ornamental Plantings and Noncropland Areas:
1. Do not apply more than 3.7 fl. oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (162 fl. oz. per acre) in a single application or more than 2 applications per year.
2. Do not apply more than 5.55 fl. oz. of product per 1000 sq. ft. per year (1.89 gallons per acre per year or the equivalent to 6 lbs. a.i. per acre per year) except in areas where there is a heavy weed infestation. In such areas, the maximum allowed per year is 7.4 fl. oz. of product per 1000 sq. ft. (2.52 gallons per acre per year or the equivalent of 8 lbs. a.i. per acre per year).