LANDSCAPE PLANTINGS AT COMMERCIAL, ROADSIDE AND INDUSTRIAL SITES
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide must be used only in accordance with directions for use on the label. Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. will not be responsible for losses or damage resulting from use of this product in any manner not specifically authorized by Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc.
State Specific Restrictions:
The state of Arizona has not approved this product for use on agricultural sites. Do not use this product on uses considered by the Arizona statutes to be agricultural uses.
Formulation and Mode of Action:
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide is a suspension concentrate formulation containing 3.17 pounds oxadiazon per gallon. Oxadiazon is a member of the oxadiazole chemical family of herbicides. Members of this herbicide family inhibit protoporphyrinogen oxidase production (PPO inhibitor) in plants and control weeds by killing the young weed seedlings as they come in contact with the herbicide during germination. Seedlings of susceptible weeds emerge from treated soil and then wilt and die. A preemergent application of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide controls many annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in turf, conifer nurseries, and on a variety of woody ornamental shrubs and trees.
Always apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide with a clean and properly calibrated sprayer that will apply the spray solution uniformly. Calibrate the sprayer prior to use according to the manufacturer’s directions and check daily to be certain that the equipment is working properly. Thorough and uniform spray coverage is essential for satisfactory weed control. The spray delivery system should provide a uniform spray pattern with a minimum of drift.
Precautions and Restrictions For Use of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide:
1. Weed control may be reduced if the product is mechanically mixed into the soil.
2. Do not contaminate water intended for irrigation and domestic use.
3. Do not allow domestic animals to graze treated areas.
4. Do not apply in greenhouses, as plant injury may result from co-distillation of active ingredient onto leaf surfaces in condensate.
Landscape Plantings at Commercial, Roadside, and Industrial Sites:
- Apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide by ground at 1.85 fl. oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (80.6 fl. oz. per acre) as a broadcast spray prior to weed seed germination as an over-the-top spray only on labeled ornamentals. Ornamental landscape plants tolerant of over-the-top sprays of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide include: Large Leaf Ice Plant, English Ivy, Algerian Ivy, African Trailing Daisy, Common Periwinkle, and Bigleaf Periwinkle.
Apply only to established ornamentals at a minimum spray volume of 1 gallon of water per 1000 sq. ft. (43.6 gallons per acre). Remove existing weed growth before application so the spray solution will be able to reach the soil surface. Be sure to sprinkle irrigate within 2 hours after application, as crop injury may occur.
Restrictions for Use of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide on Landscape Plantings:
1. Do not use on any landscape plants except those listed above.
2. Do not apply within 60 days of transplanting.
3. Do not apply with adjuvants or drift control agents.