ORNAMENTALS AND CONIFER NURSERIES - RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide must be used only in accordance with directions for use on the label. Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc. will not be responsible for losses or damage resulting from use of this product in any manner not specifically authorized by Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc.
State Specific Restrictions:
The state of Arizona has not approved this product for use on agricultural sites. Do not use this product on uses considered by the Arizona statutes to be agricultural uses.
Formulation and Mode of Action:
Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide is a suspension concentrate formulation containing 3.17 pounds oxadiazon per gallon. Oxadiazon is a member of the oxadiazole chemical family of herbicides. Members of this herbicide family inhibit protoporphyrinogen oxidase production (PPO inhibitor) in plants and control weeds by killing the young weed seedlings as they come in contact with the herbicide during germination. Seedlings of susceptible weeds emerge from treated soil and then wilt and die. A preemergent application of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide controls many annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in turf, conifer nurseries, and on a variety of woody ornamental shrubs and trees.
Always apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide with a clean and properly calibrated sprayer that will apply the spray solution uniformly. Calibrate the sprayer prior to use according to the manufacturer’s directions and check daily to be certain that the equipment is working properly. Thorough and uniform spray coverage is essential for satisfactory weed control. The spray delivery system should provide a uniform spray pattern with a minimum of drift.
Precautions and Restrictions For Use of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide:
1. Weed control may be reduced if the product is mechanically mixed into the soil.
2. Do not contaminate water intended for irrigation and domestic use.
3. Do not allow domestic animals to graze treated areas.
4. Do not apply in greenhouses, as plant injury may result from co-distillation of active ingredient onto leaf surfaces in condensate.
ORNAMENTALS AND CONIFER NURSERIES
Woody Ornamental Shrubs and Trees, Conifer Nurseries, and Ornamentals on Residential Properties:
- Only Professional Applicators are authorized to apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide in these areas. Apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide to landscape beds consisting of well defined areas of solid or mixed stands of trees, shrubs, and ground covers located around buildings as well as in open areas of the residential property. Carefully measure the area of each bed to be treated to ensure an accurate application rate.
- Apply by ground at 1.85 to 2.8 fl. oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (80.6 to 122 fl. oz. per acre) as a broadcast spray depending on the weeds present as listed in the table below. Apply in a minimum of 1 gallon per 1000 sq. ft. (43.6 gallons per acre) as a directed spray to the soil surface or as an over-the-top spray on tolerant ornamentals used as ground cover listed on the label.
- Application of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide should be made prior to weed seed germination. The herbicide should not be mixed into the soil, as cultivating or disturbing the soil may reduce weed control. Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide can be applied to both newly transplanted and established plants. Application can be made to actively growing or dormant plants. Do not apply Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide during bud break or during the 4- week period after bud break, or injury may occur.
- Best weed control is achieved when rainfall or overhead irrigation (one-half inch) is applied immediately after application. Rainfall or overhead irrigation immediately after (within two hours) over-the-top sprays of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide is required in order to move the product from the foliage to the soil surface and prevent injury. Removal of existing weed growth before application is required to ensure that the spray reaches the soil surface. A subsequent application can be made 4 months after the initial application. The maximum number of applications is two per year.
Restrictions for Use of Quali-Pro Oxadiazon SC Herbicide on Residential Properties:
1. Do not apply in greenhouses, as plant injury may result from co-distillation of the active ingredient onto leaf surfaces in condensate.
2. Do not mechanically mix into the soil, as reduced weed control will likely result from cultivating or disturbing the soil.
3. Do not permit people or pets to enter the treated area until after the directed spray application is watered in and the soil surface is dry.
4. Do not apply with adjuvants or drift control agents.
5. Do not make more than 2 applications per year of 2.8 fl. oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (122 fl. oz. per acre).