FIELD CROPS - PEANUT
BADGE SC may be applied as an aerial, ground dilute or ground concentrate spray unless specifically directed otherwise in the specific crop use directions.
The per acre use rate of BADGE SC is applicable for both dilute and concentrate spraying. Depending upon the equipment used and the specific crop, the spray volume applied per acre will differ. Refer to Minimum Recommended Spray Volume Table. Complete spray coverage is essential to assure optimum performance from BADGE SC. When treating by aerial application or with low volume application equipment, unless you have had specific previous experience, it is advisable to test for compatibility and tolerance to crop injury prior to full scale commercial utilization.
Consult the BADGE SC label for specific rates and timing of application by crop. Where application rates and intervals are provided in a range (e.g. 8 to 24 pints and 7 to 10 days), the higher rates and shorter spray intervals are recommended when rainfall is heavy and/or disease pressure high. Use the higher rates for large mature tree crops.
- BADGE SC should not be applied in a spray solution having a pH of less than 6.5 as phytotoxicity may occur.
- Do not tank mix BADGE SC with Aliette fungicide for use on any registered crops or ornamentals unless appropriate precautions have been taken to buffer the spray solution because severe phytotoxicity may result. Use in accordance with the most restrictive of label limitations and precautions. Do not exceed label dosage rates. This product cannot be mixed with any product containing a label prohibition against such mixing.
- This product may be reactive on masonry and metal surfaces such as galvanized roofing. Avoid contact with metal surfaces. Do not spray on cars, houses, lawn furniture, etc.
- Environmental conditions such as extended periods of wet weather, acid rain, etc. which alter the pH of the leaf surface may affect the performance of BADGE SC resulting in possible phytotoxicity or loss of effectiveness.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Harmful if absorbed through skin. Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin eyes or clothing.
PPE: Wear long-sleeved shirt and long pants, socks, shoes and gloves. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Requirements: Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco.
This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic organisms. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to fish and aquatic organisms in adjacent aquatic sites. Do not contaminate water by disposal of equipment wash waters.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.
- Agricultural chemicals may perform in an unpredictable manner when tank mixed, especially where several products are involved. Reduced effect on pests or crop injury may occur. Unless recommended on the label or by a state/local expert, it is advisable to test for compatibility and potential crop injury prior to commercial use of a new tank mix; otherwise tank mixing should not be undertaken.
- It must be determined if proper application equipment is available and if waste associated with its use can be properly handled. Agricultural chemicals are often reactive with the materials used in the construction of application equipment such as aluminum, rubber and some synthetic materials. This factor should be taken into consideration when selecting proper application equipment. It is necessary that all application equipment be thoroughly flushed with clean water after each day’s use.
- Do not apply this product through any irrigation (chemigation) system using aluminum parts or components as damage to the system may occur. Such application is prohibited regardless of whether the irrigation system is flushed with water after use of this product.
- Apply this product only through one or more of the following types of systems: sprinkler, including center pivot, lateral move, traveler, big gun, or plastic pipe solid set system(s) which contain no aluminum parts or components. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation system.
- While volume is important in obtaining full spray coverage, often factors such as foliage density, environmental conditions and sprayer calibration have a greater impact. Always be sure that sprayers are calibrated to spray equipment manufacturer’s specifications and environmental conditions are within those recommended by State and local regulatory authorities.
- When mixing, fill the spray tank one-half full with water. Add BADGE SC slowly to tank while hydraulic or mechanical agitation is operating and continue filling with water. DO NOT PREMIX or SLURRY BADGE SC. Spreaders, stickers, insecticides, nutrients, etc. should be added last. If compatibility is in question, use the Compatibility Jar Test before mixing a whole tank or contact your chemical supplier. Observe all precautions and limitations on the labels of all products used in mixtures.
FIELD CROPS - PEANUT
Begin spraying at 35 to 40 days after planting or when disease symptoms first appear and repeat at 10 to 14 day intervals or as needed. Reduce sprays to 7 day intervals during humid weather. Use the higher rates when conditions favor disease development. Flowable sulfur may be added.