ALFALFA AND SAINFOIN - WEEDS CONTROL AT 0.5-0.67 LB/ACRE
SOIL TEXTURE: As used on the label, “Coarse soils” are loamy sand or sandy loam soils. “Medium soils” are loam, silt loam, silt, sandy clay, or sandy clay loam. “Fine soils” are silty clay, silty clay loam, clay, or clay loam. Silty clay loam soils are transitional soils and may be classified as medium textured soils in some regions of the U.S.
GENERAL PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
Do not allow sprays to drift on to adjacent desirable plants.
Apply this product only as specified on the label.
Do not use on other crops grown for food or forage. Observe all cautions and limitations on labeling of all products used in mixtures.
Do not rotate any crop not listed on the label for 18 months following application of TriCor DF.
For all uses: Low-pressure and high-volume hand-wand equipment is prohibited.
APPLICATION OF TRICOR DF WITH HERBICIDE SPRAY EQUIPMENT
Use a standard low pressure (20 to 40 psi.) herbicide boom sprayer equipped with suitable nozzles and screens no finer than 50-mesh in nozzle and in-line strainers. Agitate thoroughly before and during application with bypass agitation.
GROUND APPLICATION: Apply the proper rate of TriCor DF in a minimum of 10 to 40 gallons of spray mixture per acre broadcast.
Banded Application: Use proportionally less TriCor DF per acre in a band versus a broadcast application. For band application use 1/4 to 1 gallon of spray mix per inch of band width regardless of row spacing.
EXAMPLES: (1) To treat a 15-inch band on rows 30 inches apart, use one-half of the broadcast rate of TriCor DF. (2) To treat a 14-inch band on rows 42 inches apart, use one-third of the broadcast rate of TriCor DF.
AERIAL APPLICATION: Where permitted, apply specified rate in a minimum of 2 to 10 gallons of spray mixture per acre.
Do not apply aerially when wind speed is greater than 10 mph.
NOTE: Do not apply aerially when TriCor DF is tank-mixed with Lasso.
For All Applications of TriCor DF: Sprayer must be accurately calibrated before applying TriCor DF. Check sprayer during application to be sure it is working properly and delivering a uniform spray pattern. As the volume of spray mixture decreases per acre, the importance of accurate calibration and uniform application increases. Avoid other application, misapplication, and boom and spray swath overlapping that will increase spray dosage. (Crop injury may occur as a result). Avoid spray skips and gaps which allow weeds to grow in untreated soil. Do not apply when weather conditions favor spray drift and/or when sensitive or cool season crops, such as cole crops, onions, peas, or strawberries are present in adjacent fields or in areas where wheat is growing in coarse textured soils.
Refer in the label for tank mix information.
ALFALFA AND SAINFOIN
TriCor DF herbicide is labeled for use in alfalfa and sainfoin in the following areas:
1. Alfalfa and sainfoin (including mixed stands with grasses) (all areas except California).
2. Alfalfa and sainfoin (including mixed stands with grasses) (California only).
3. Alfalfa - Tank-mix Combination with Gramoxone (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and the following California counties: Del Norte, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, and Siskiyou).
4. Alfalfa - Post Dormant Application of TriCor DF Impregnated on Dry Fertilizer Only (Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin).
5. Alfalfa - Non-Dormant, Non-Winter Hardy varieties (Arizona only).
TriCor DF may be used in aerial or ground spray equipment as a broadcast surface application to established crops of alfalfa and sainfoin for the control of certain grass and broadleaf weeds.
APPLICATION: Refer to “General Information” in the front of the label for detailed information on the application of TriCor DF. For information on applying TriCor DF in fluid or on dry fertilizer refer to the “Application of TriCor DF in Fluid Fertilizers” or “Commercial Impregnation And Application Of TriCor DF On Dry Bulk Fertilizer” under the “General Information” section of the label.
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS: Use TriCor DF only on established alfalfa and sainfoin. Do not apply TriCor DF after growth begins in the spring or before growth ceases in the fall, except as specified on the label.
Do not graze or harvest within 28 days after application.
For best weed control, apply TriCor DF when weeds are less than 2 inches tall or before weed foliage is 2 inches in diameter.
Reduced weed control may occur when extended dry conditions follow application of TriCor DF.
Crop injury may occur when:
1. Crop is under stress conditions such as diseases, insect infestations, poorly drained soils, drought or winter injury at time of application;
2. Crop is treated within 12 months after seeding;
3. There is excessive irrigation or rainfall immediately after application. Do not apply more than 1/2 inch of water in the first irrigation after TriCor DF is applied.