NON-CROP AREAS - BRUSH CONTROL - BROADCAST RATE
SUBJECT TO THE EXCEPTIONS HEREIN, THIS PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE APPLIED TO FOOD OR FEED CROPS. THE SUPPLEMENTAL LABELING FOR THIS PRODUCT MAY ALSO CONTAIN EXCEPTIONS TO THIS PROHIBITION.
Failure to observe the following information may result in Injury to or loss of desirable trees or other plants:
- Do not apply METSULFURON 60EG IVM Herbicide (except as recommended), or drain or flush equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants, or on areas where their roots may extend or in locations where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots.
- Do not use on lawns, walks, driveways, tennis courts, or similar areas.
- Prevent drift of spray to desirable plants.
- Do not contaminate any body of water, including irrigation water.
- Keep from contact with fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides and seeds.
After product application, the sprayer MUST NOT be used for crop applications. It is imperative that this precaution is followed because most crops (except small grains) can be destroyed or baldy damaged by low rates of METSULFURON 60EG IVM.
METSULFURON 60EG IVM is a dispersible granule that is applied as a spray after being mixed in water. METSULFURON 60EG IVM can be used to control the following:
- Annual weeds
- Conifer plantations
- General weeds and brush on industrial non-crop sites
- Perennial weeds
- Selective weeds in certain types of unimproved turf grasses on industrial sites and in native grasses
- Weeds and hardwoods in conifer plantations
- Woody plants in noncrop areas
Optimum control over foliage is achieved after emergence or dormancy break, although METSULFURON 60EG IVM does have preemergence activity. Except as specified, optimum control is achieved when applied to young, actively growing weeds. The weed species and size at the time of application will determine use rate.
Several factors will influence the degree and duration of control, including weed spectrum and infestation intensity, weed size at application, environmental conditions at and following treatment, soil pH, soil moisture, and soil organic matter
METSULFURON 60EG IVM can be applied to floodplains where surface water is not present, terrestrial areas of deltas and low lying areas where water is drained but may be isolated in pockets due to uneven or unlevel conditions.
METSULFURON 60EG IVM is noncorrosive, nonflammable, nonvolatile and does not freeze.
Failure to observe the following may cause damage to or eradication of desirable trees or other plants:
- Do not drain or flush equipment onto or near desirable trees or other plants. This prohibition extends to areas where roots of desirable trees or other plants may reach and to areas where the herbicide may be washed or moved into contact with roots.
- If the chances of rainfall shortly following application are low, soil particle movement by wind or water may lead to herbicide migration when treating powdery, dry soil or light, sandy soil. Migration may result in potential injury to susceptible crops. If treated soil is washed, blown, or moved onto land used to produce crops, crop damage may result. METSULFURON 60EG IVM exposure may damage or eradicate many crops. The potential for damage is increased when the crops are irrigated.
- Crop damage can occur when treating areas where runoff water flows onto agricultural land. METSULFURON 60EG IVM runoff and movement may occur when applications are made during periods of intense rainfall. Runoff and movement may also occur when applications are made to soils saturated with water, surfaces paved with materials such as asphalt or concrete, or soils through which rainfall will not readily enter. Applications should not be made to frozen soil. Reduce the possibility of METSULFURON 60EG IVM movement by wind- or water- induced soil erosion by permitting treated soil to be remain undisturbed.
- Product application to lawns, walks, driveways, tennis courts or similar areas is prohibited.
- In no event should irrigation systems be used to apply this product.
- Do not use the equipment used to mix or apply METSULFURON 60EG IVM on crops (except pasture, range and wheat). The mixing and application equipment may be used for noncrop areas and conifer plantations only.
- For use rates of 1 2/3 ounce per acre and less, grazing restriction is not required if labeling guidelines are followed. Forage grasses may be cut for hay, fodder or green forage at use rates of 1 2/3 to 3 1/3 ounce per acre 3 days following treatment. Forage grasses may also be fed to livestock, including lactating animals, at this usage rate 3 days following treatment.
- Do not use this product in these Colorado counties: Saguache, Rio Grande, Alamosa, Costilla and Conejos.
- Do not use this product in California.
Use METSULFURON 60EG IVM to inhibit unwanted brush growing in non-crop areas.
The following application methods may be used: aerial, high volume ground application, low volume ground application and ultra-low volume ground application. Apply METSULFURON 60EG IVM as a spray to the foliage subject to the specified exception for multiflora rose.
The brush height and density and the application equipment used will affect the application volume.
Per acre, the following application volumes are typically needed: 15 to 25 gallons of water for aerial application; 100 to 400 gallons of water for high volume ground application; 20 to 50 gallons of water for low volume ground application; and 10 to 20 gallons of water for ultra-low volume ground application.
The best control will be achieved by complete foliage coverage, regardless of the application volume and equipment used.
Four to 8 ounces of METSULFURON 60EG IVM per 100 gallons of spray solution should be mixed for low volume and ultra-low volume ground applications.
Treat targeted deciduous species with a foliar application of the METSULFURON 60EG IVM recommended rate. Treatment should be made in the spring from the time of full leaf expansion until the development of full fall coloration. Treat coniferous species at any point in the growing season.
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS - NON-CROP BRUSH ONLY
Review and comply with all label use instructions, application rates, warnings and precautions when using METSULFURON 60EG IVM tank mixtures in combination with companion herbicides. For each of the herbicides, the most restrictive label instructions should be abided by.