FARMSTEAD AND FENCEROW TREATMENT APPLICATION - TREES AND VINES
Banvel + 2,4-D is a selective postemergence herbicide for controlling a wide spectrum of annual, biennial, and perennial broadleaf weeds and brush in grass forages and selected row crops.
MODE OF ACTION
Banvel + 2,4-D contains two active ingredients: dicamba and 2,4-D. Banvel + 2,4-D is readily absorbed by plants through shoot and root uptake, translocates throughout the plant’s system, and accumulates in areas of active growth. Banvel + 2,4-D interferes with the plant’s growth hormones (auxins) resulting in death of many broadleaf weeds.
FARMSTEAD AND FENCEROW TREATMENT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Do not exceed 40 gallons of spray solution per treated acre per application. Forty gallons of spray solution contains 1.0 pound acid equivalent of dicamba and 2.87 pounds acid equivalent of 2,4-D. Spray plants to wet. Do not allow this spray mix to contact desirable vegetation.
SRAYING FOLIAR APPLICATIONS
1. Spray when leaves have reached full size but have not hardened due to drought or maturity
2. Spray individual plants to wet with handgun.
3. For larger stems (up to 3” in diameter) and hard to control species, direct spray stream to base of stems to wet the stem at soil surface in addition wetting the foliage.
4. Do not apply under drip line of desirable trees or adjacent to desirable vegetation.
DORMANT BASAL APPLICATIONS
1. Increase diesel oil content to 15% or 15 gallons of diesel oil per 100 gallons of total solution.
2. Spray in late winter and early spring before plants break dormancy.
3. Spray the bottom 24” of the target stem to wet on all sides.
4. For larger stems (up to 3”’in diameter) and hard to kill species direct the spray solution to the base of target stems to wet the soil at the stem/soil junction in addition to wetting the stem.
5. Do not apply under drip line of desirable trees adjacent to desirable vegetation.
FOR CUT SURFACE TREATMENTS:
Apply Banvel + 2,4-D in an undiluted state as a cut surface treatment to control unwanted trees and prevent sprouts of cut trees.
Frill or Girdle Treatments: Make a continuous cut or a series of overlapping cuts using an axe to girdle tree trunk. Spray or paint the cut surface with Banvel + 2,4-D.
Stump Treatments: Spray or paint freshly cut surface with Banvel + 2,4-D. The cambium layer (the area adjacent to the bark) should be thoroughly wet. Treat stumps within 6 hours after cutting.