CONTROL OF OTHER GRASSES
This product is NOT recommended for application by homeowners.
In the state of New York, this product may be applied by commercial applicators ONLY.
This product controls crabgrass, other annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in established lawns, ornamental turf (including golf course fairways, roughs and tee boxes), and landscape ornamentals.
This product will not control emerged weeds, except for control of crabgrass up to initiation of tillering because the tillering stage of crabgrass growth generally corresponds to the time when seedlings are first visible in established turfgrasses.
Applying to crabgrass after tillering starts will not provide satisfactory control, and all other applications of this product should be made prior to germination of target weeds.
To be effective, this product must be activated by at least 1/2 inch of rainfall or irrigation. Applications should be timed to ensure that activation occurs prior to the tillering stage of crabgrass development or prior to germination of all other weeds.
- Do NOT allow the pouches to become wet prior to adding them to the spray tank.
- Do NOT remove the water-soluble pouches from the protective over-wrap except to add them directly to the spray tank.
- Do NOT handle the pouches with wet hands or wet gloves.
- Always reseal over-wrap bag to protect remaining unused pouches.
For extended control of Annual Poa (Poa annua) in south and coastal south regions: An initial application at 1.25 lbs./acre (0.5 lb. ai) is recommended 6 weeks before overseeding followed by a second application of 0.625 to 1.25 lbs./acre (0.25 to 0.5 lb./ai) 120 days after overseeding. Some injury to overseeded perennial ryegrass may occur.
Maximum Use Rates
- Do NOT apply more than 0.5 lb. of product AI per acre (i.e., 4 water-soluble pouches per acre or 0.46 oz. per 1000 sq. ft.) per application, or more than 1.5 lbs.AI per acre per year (i.e., 12 water-soluble pouches per acre or 1.375 oz. per 1000 sq. ft.).
- In New York State, do NOT apply more than 0.25 lb. product AI per year (i.e., 2 water soluble pouches per acre or 0.23 oz. per 1000 sq. ft.).
Application Timing and Recommendations
Because the best weed control is obtained when applications are made to soil that is free of clods, weeds and debris such as leaves, prior to applying existing vegetation should be controlled by cultivation, hand weeding or with a postemergence herbicide.
Once this product is applied, do not disturb the soil surface as the herbicide barrier will be broken.
Care must be taken that soil or planting mixes have settled firmly following tran planting and that there are not cracks in the soil that would allow direct transmission of this product and plant roots.