CONTAINER GROWN ORNAMENTALS - POTTED LINERS
Double O E-Pro Herbicide is a pre-emergent herbicide that combines two herbicides into a clay granule to provide a broader spectrum of weed control and ornamental plant tolerance. Double O E-Pro Herbicide does not control established weeds and is not registered for use on vegetable or edible fruit bearing crops, turf, bedding plants or flowering crops except as described in the Landscape Ornamentals and Cut Flower and Ornamental Foliage sections.
USE GUIDELINES AND PRECAUTIONS
- For best results ensure an even distribution of particles at the proper application rate.
- Do NOT apply Double O E-Pro Herbicide to wet or dew covered foliage. However, should this happen, irrigate immediately to completely remove herbicide particles from leaf surfaces.
- Do NOT apply Double O E-Pro Herbicide in enclosed greenhouse or shadehouse type structures. Make applications at least two (2) weeks prior to enclosure in greenhouses or shadehouses.
- Do NOT apply Double O E-Pro Herbicide in greenhouse liner production beds; apply only to container, field grown and landscape ornamentals, cut flower and foliage crops listed.
- Do NOT apply Double O E-Pro Herbicide within two (2) weeks of shipping.
- Do NOT apply product directly to the bare roots of woody ornamentals or injury may result.
- In order to avoid foliage injury do NOT apply to whorl-leaved plants such as Dracaena spp., as their leaves channel the herbicide granules to the leaf base and makes removal of granules difficult (Note exception under ‘Dracaena Field Stock’).
- Newly forming leaves are particularly sensitive to this product and spotting or leaf drop may result. Do NOT apply the product two (2) weeks prior to or two (2) weeks following leaf bud break, or during periods of vigorous new growth.
- Within two (2) months following application, do NOT apply other herbicides to areas treated with Double O E-Pro Herbicide. Compatibility of Double O E-Pro Herbicide with other ornamental herbicides has not been verified.
- Do NOT disturb the soil surface following an application as the herbicide barrier will be broken resulting in less than optimum weed control.
- Do NOT incorporate this product into potting media or soil as dilution of the active ingredient and possible injury to plant roots may result.
- Do NOT apply in windy conditions that might cause uneven distribution of the granules or move the product onto sensitive species.
- Do NOT allow livestock to graze or feed on vegetation from treated fields or orchards.
- Do NOT apply by aerial application except where noted for agricultural uses in California.
- Do NOT apply by chemigation.
GENERAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
When applying this product, users should exercise reasonable judgment and caution. Because it is impossible to test this product with all possible combinations of plants and growing conditions, it is recommended that an initial test application be made to a subset of the plants to assure desired performance under your specific growing conditions. Users who wish to use Double O E-Pro Herbicide on ornamental species or nonbearing fruit trees not listed on the label may determine suitability for such uses by making trial application of this product at a recommended rate to a small number of plants. Prior to using this product on a large number of plants, the test treatment should be observed for 3 to 6 months for signs of herbicidal injury to determine if the treatment is safe for use on the target plant species.
Apply Double O E-Pro Herbicide at the rate recommended in the appropriate section of the label with a properly calibrated spreader in order to assure accurate, even particle distribution. Once this product has been applied, do not disturb the soil surface or the herbicide barrier will be broken. For best results, immediately following application of Double O E-Pro Herbicide, water in with approximately 1/2 inch of water in order to activate the herbicide and wash particles off the foliage.
Apply Double O E-Pro Herbicide prior to weed seed germination or following complete weed removal in the spring or fall. Make repeat applications throughout the growing season at a maximum of three (3) month intervals (under most conditions three months is the maximum timeframe for residual effect for Double O E-Pro Herbicide). Make Fall applications two (2) weeks prior to placing plants in enclosed greenhouse structures.
- Prior to transplanting into containers, remove all established weeds from the liners. To settle the potting media around the root systems, after planting and prior to chemical application irrigate with approximately 1/2 inch of water and then allow foliage to dry. Broadcast Double O E-Pro Herbicide evenly over the container growing area and irrigate immediately after application with approximately 1/2 inch of water.
Recycled Water Precaution: When runoff water is recycled, care must be taken to locate pump intake line opening(s) close to the collection pond surface to avoid disturbing and recirculating clay fractions/organic matter accumulation near the pond bottom. This debris/settlement may contain amounts of previously applied pesticides tied-up on these clay/organic matter fractions and may lead to plant injury.