LAWNS AND TURF - TURF TAMER SPRAYERS
ORNAMENTAL LAWNS AND TURF:
Apply Trimec LAF-637 Broadleaf Herbicide at the rate of 2.3 to 3.7 pints per acre in sufficient water for adequate coverage. Maximum control of weeds will be obtained from spring or early fall applications when weeds are actively growing. Avoid applying during long excessively dry or hot periods unless adequate irrigation is available.
Do not irrigate within 24 hours of application. Do not apply to newly seeded turf until after the second or third mowing. Grass seed can be sown 3 to 4 weeks after application at application rate. Do not use on dichondra and carpetgrass.
PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not enter or allow people (or pets) to enter the treated area until sprays have dried.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
- Not for use on turf being grown for sale or other commercial use as sod, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not spray on carpetgrass, dichondra nor on lawns or turf where desirable clovers are present.
- Use only lawn type sprayers. Do not exceed specified dosages for any area.
- Do not apply to newly seeded grasses until well established.
- Do not broadcast apply when air temperatures exceed 85°F; some injury may be expected with spot treatments when air temperatures exceed 85°F.
- Seed can be sown 3 to 4 weeks after application at application rate.
- After using this product, clean sprayer with soap or detergent and water, and rinse thoroughly before applying other pesticides.
- Do not use this product on or near desirable plants, including contact of spray on exposed root systems or adventitious shoots within the drip line of desirable trees and shrubs, since injury may result.
- Aerial application is prohibited.
ORNAMENTAL LAWNS AND TURF
Mature Weeds: Use 3.25 to 4.0 pints of product per acre for controlling mature weeds.
Controlled Droplet Applicator: Reduced rates of TRIMEC LAF-637 Broadleaf Herbicide must be used when grass is stressed from heat, drought, etc. Do not use on warm season grasses. Add 2 pints TRIMEC LAF-637 Broadleaf Herbicide to the Herbi container then fill with 3 pints of water. Spray entire contents over 33,000 sq. ft. (approx. 3/4 acre). Do not overlap between spray patterns.
APPLICATION TYPE AND DIRECTIONS
Turf Tamer Sprayers - Reduced rates of Trimec LAF-637 Broadleaf Herbicide must be used when grass is stressed from heat, drought, etc. Do not use on warm season grasses. Use 2.3 to 3.7 pints of product per acre (0.84 to 1.4 fluid ounces of product per 1,000 square feet) at spray volumes of 0.50 to 1.25 gallons per 1,000 square feet.
Limitations on broadcast treatments for ornamental turfgrass:
The maximum application rate is 3.7 pints of product per acre per application (1.5 lb. 2,4-D ae, 0.25 lb. MCPP-p ae, and 0.06 lb. dicamba ae per acre per application). The maximum number of broadcast applications is limited to 2 per year with a minimum of 30 days between applications. The maximum seasonal rate is 7.4 pints of product per acre (3.0 lb. 2,4-D ae, 0.50 lb. MCPP-p ae, and 0.12 lb. dicamba ae per acre).
Limitations on spot treatments to residential turfgrass:
Spot treatment is defined as a treatment area no greater than 1,000 sq. ft. per acre. The maximum application rate is 1.4 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. per application (0.26 lb. MCPP-p acid equivalent per acre). The maximum number of spot treatments is limited to 2 per year with a minimum of 30 days between applications