FOR TOTAL VEGETATION CONTROL
PRONTO Vegetation Killer is a nonselective herbicide which kills most annual and perennial grasses, broadleaf weeds, vines, brush, and trees. The product is absorbed through leaves, stems, and roots and moves throughout the plant. Treated plants stop growing soon after application. PRONTO Vegetation Killer will also provide residual control for up to 12 months in the treated area. Heavy rainfall will reduce the length of residual control. Heavy clay soils may increase the length of residual control.
PRONTO Vegetation Killer may be used to control weeds: In roadways, roadsides, airports, landing fields, industrial sites, storage yards, lumber yards, tank farms, pumping installations, fuel tanks, pipelines, non-agricultural uncultivated areas or soils, paved areas (including crack and crevice), curbs, sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, brick walks, gravel paths, paths, patios, and vacant lots, urban areas, cemeteries, recreational areas, play areas, and tennis courts. Along fences. Around domestic (residential) dwellings, outdoor buildings, structures and shelters such as dog kennels. For the establishment and maintenance of wildlife openings.
IMPORTANT: Use only in areas where you want to 1) kill all existing vegetation and 2) suppress regrowth for up to 12 months. Do not use in gardens, flower beds or in areas intended to be seeded or planted within 12 months. Newly planted trees, shrubs and flowers are especially sensitive. This product is not intended for treating aquatic plants. In lawns, do not use for individual weed control.
PRONTO Vegetation Killer will control or suppress most grasses, broadleaf weeds, woody brush, vines, and trees. The degree of control and residual varies by plant species.
The maximum number of applications is 1 broadcast and 1 spot treatment per year OR 2 spot treatments per year OR 1 brush control application per year. The maximum annual rate is 36 fl.oz. of this product per 1,000 sq.ft. per year.
Equipment Cleanup: Thoroughly flush application equipment with water after using this product. Do not flush equipment near desirable plants or their root zones.
For All Application Types: Avoiding Injury to Non-Target Plants
Movement of the product from the target plant or site may injure nontarget plants. Follow these precautions to manage off-target movement.
1. Runoff: Do not over apply causing runoff from the treated foliage. Do not apply to slopes.
2. Spray Drift: Spray drift from applying this product may result in damage to sensitive plants adjacent to the treatment area. Avoiding spray drift is the responsibility of the applicator.
- Applicators are required to use a nozzle height below 4 feet above the ground or plant canopy and Coarse or coarser droplet size (ASABE S572) or, if specifically using a spinning atomizer nozzle, applicators are required to use a volume mean diameter (VMD) of 385 microns or greater.
- Applications with wind speeds greater than 10 mph are prohibited.
- Applications into temperature inversions are prohibited.
3. Roots of Trees and Shrubs: Untreated plants can be affected by root uptake. Do not use over the root zone of desirable trees and shrubs. Roots extend beyond the drip line and can extend under fences, driveways, patios, sidewalks, paths, and similar landscape elements.
4. Movement of Treated Soil: Do not treat powdery, dry or light sandy soils when the soil may be blown by wind. If necessary soil surface should be settled by rain or irrigation.
For Total Vegetation Control (Including Bareground Treatment)
Use hand-operated spray equipment such as backpack sprayers, pump-up sprayers, or sprinkling can. For maximum herbicide activity:
1) Weeds should be growing vigorously at the time of application
2) Apply 1/4 to 1/2 inch of irrigation 4 to 24 hours after application
3) Addition of a surfactant to the spray solution will enhance performance.
For Broadcast Treatments: 18 fl.oz. of product will cover 1000 sq.ft. Mix 18 fl.oz. of product with water to produce 1 to 5 gallons of spray solution and spray uniformly over 1000 sq.ft.
For Spot Treatments: Apply no more than 18 fl.oz. of product per 1000 sq.ft. Mix 18 fl.oz. of product with water to produce 1 to 5 gallons of spray solution and spray the foliage of clumps of weeds. 1 spot treatment may be used after a broadcast treatment to control weed escapes.