General Use Precautions and Restrictions:
IMPORTANT: THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS WATERED IN FOR 10-15 MINUTES. FOR SAFETY REASONS, WATER THIS PRODUCT IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING APPLICATION FOR 10-15 MINUTES.
DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN OR PETS ON TREATED AREAS UNTIL DRY FOLLOWING THE WATERING.
WATERING IN MUST BE PERFORMED BY THE COMMERCIAL APPLICATOR OR THE COMMERCIAL APPLICATOR MUST PROVIDE THE ABOVE WATERING-IN INSTRUCTIONS TO THE RESIDENTS IN WRITING USING BOLD-FACE TYPE AND/OR RED PRINT OR OTHER METHODS TO ENSURE THE WARNING IS PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED ON THE MATERIAL PROVIDED TO THE RESIDENT.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact people or pets.
- For use only on golf courses (greens, tees, and bentgrass fairways only) and on residential lawns.
- Do not use on parks, recreational areas, or other public sites.
- Applications on bentgrass fairways is limited to the following states:
OH, PA, NY, MI, CT, MA, IN, IL, NJ, WV, MN, WI, VT, NH, RI, DE, MD, VA. Application on bentgrass fairways may only be made in the fall, and are limited to one application per year.
- Applications to greens and tees are limited to two per year.
- This product may only be broadcast applied by groundboom or by low pressure/high volume turfgun. This product may be applied by low pressure handwand for spot treatments only.
- Read all directions before using.
- Mix well before diluting with water.
- BENSUMEC 4LF may only be used for the uses specified on the label and at rates that do not exceed the labeled rates.
- Do not allow this product to drift.
- Cleanup spills on walks or patios by covering with dry soil or absorptive material. Bury sweepings and hose area.
- BENSUMEC 4LF is recommended for use on mineral soils only.
- Do not use in greenhouses.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
BENSUMEC 4LF is recommended for use on home lawns and golf courses for control of crabgrass, annual bluegrass (Poa annua), and other annual weeds listed.
Application of BENSUMEC 4LF must precede emergence of weeds from the soil. Crabgrass will emerge from the soil from 4 to 6 weeks before it is visible above lawn sod. If weeds are visible above the soil it is too late to apply BENSUMEC 4LF.
Remove leaves, dead tall grass, and other debris before applying BENSUMEC 4LF to turf.
BENSUMEC 4LF must be watered into the soil immediately after application. Irrigate with 1/2 to 1 inch of water following the herbicide application to established lawns.
The most effective program for control of crabgrass, goosegrass, annual bluegrass (Poa annua) and other annual weeds is one specifically designed for local conditions. Two or more applications per year may be necessary, using the specified application rates.
For control of crabgrass, apply BENSUMEC 4LF at the specified application rate (See Rates of Application) any time from fall (September or October) through early spring for spring and summer control. With a late winter or an early spring application, the application must be made prior to crabgrass emergence.
For control of annual bluegrass (Poa annua) and other annual weeds, apply BENSUMEC 4LF at the specified application rate before weeds emerge from the soil.
When the germination of crabgrass, annual bluegrass (Poa annua) and other annual weeds extends into the late summer and early fall, a second application of BENSUMEC 4LF at the specified rates should be made 4 to 5 months after the initial application.
Applications on bentgrass fairways may only be made in the fall and are limited to one application per year. Applications on bentgrass fairways is limited to the following states: OH, PA, NY, MI, CT, MA, IN, IL, NJ, WV, MN, WI, VT, NH, RI, DE, MD, VA. Applications to greens and tees are limited to two per year.
BENSUMEC 4LF should be applied only to well established grass lawns.
BENSUMEC 4LF can be applied to dichondra lawns at the time of seeding or any time thereafter.
RATES OF APPLICATION:
This product may only be broadcast applied by groundboom or by low pressure/high volume turfgun. This product may be applied by low pressure handwand for spot treatments only.
Apply at a maximum of 6 1/4 gallons (50 pints) of BENSUMEC 4LF per acre (18 fluid ounces per 1,000 square feet) per year in two or more applications depending on the weed species and degree of infestation.