CUCURBIT CROP GROUP
GROUND or AERIAL APPLICATIONS: - Apply DuPont MANKOCIDE at the rate shown; use sufficient water to provide thorough coverage, with available equipment in either dilute sprays or in concentrate ground or aerial sprays, typically at least 100 gallons per acre for traditional airblast sprayers, 25-50 gallons per acre for low volume airblast sprayers, and 3-10 gallons per acre for aerial application. Rates of product per acre should be the same for dilute and concentrated sprays. Add MANKOCIDE slowly to water in the spray tank with agitation, or premix thoroughly in separate holding tank for concentrate or aircraft sprayers. Continuous agitation is recommended to keep the product in suspension. If needed, adjuvants of the spreader, sticker, or compatibility agent type that are approved for use on growing crops may be used.
During aerial application, human flaggers must be in enclosed cabs.
- MANKOCIDE should not be applied in a spray solution having a pH of less than 6.5 as phytotoxicity may occur.
- This product may be reactive on masonry and metal surfaces such as galvanized roofing. Avoid contact with metal surfaces. Do not spray on cars, houses, lawn furniture, etc.
- Environmental conditions such as extended periods of wet weather, acid rain, etc. which alter the pH of the leaf surface may affect the performance of MANKOCIDE resulting in possible phytotoxicity or loss of effectiveness.
- Pesticides may perform in an unpredictable manner when tank mixed, especially where several products are involved. Reduced effect on pests or crop injury may occur. Unless recommended on the label or by a state/local expert, or the user has small scale direct experience, tank mixing should not be undertaken.
- Do not apply this product through any irrigation (chemigation) system using aluminum parts or components as damage to the system may occur. Such application is prohibited regardless of whether the irrigation system is flushed with water after use of this product.
- Apply this product only through one or more of the following types of systems: sprinkler including center pivot, lateral move, traveler, big gun, and plastic pipe solid set system(s) which contain no aluminum parts or components. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation system.
- Mixing of this product with products containing diazinon, fosetyl-al or other aluminum-containing products, or thiophanate-methyl is not recommended because of physical incompatibility.
- It must be determined in the selection process if proper application equipment is available and if the waste associated with its use can be properly handled. Materials used in the construction of application equipment is also an important factor as pesticides are often reactive with soft metals such as aluminum and even some synthetic materials such as plastics, rubbers, etc. Therefore it is necessary when working with equipment containing these materials that they are thoroughly flushed with clean water after each days use.
- DuPont MANKOCIDE should be used only in accordance with recommendations on the label.
DuPont will not be responsible for losses or damages resulting from use of this product in any manner not specifically recommended by DuPont. User assumes all risks associated with such non-recommended use.
FROST INJURY PROTECTION BACTERIAL ICE NUCLEATION INHIBITOR
When used at the appropriate rate and timing, to all crops listed on the label for disease control, MANKOCIDE may also afford control of ice-nucleating bacteria (Pseudomonas syringae, Erwinia herbicola, and Pseudomonas fluorescens). If the applications occur at least 24 hours prior to anticipated frost conditions, some protection against light frost may be provided. No reduction in frost damage should be expected in those geographic areas where weather conditions favor severe frost.
Where EBDC products used allow the same maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per season:
If more than one product containing an EBDC active ingredient (maneb, mancozeb, or metiram) is used on a crop during the same growing season and the EBDC products used allow the same maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per season, then the total poundage of all such EBDC products used must not exceed any of the specified individual EBDC product maximum seasonal poundage of active ingredient allowed per acre.
Where EBDC products used allow different maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per season:
If more than one product containing an EBDC active ingredient is used on a crop during the same growing season and the EBDC products used allow different maximum poundage of active ingredient per acre per season, then the total poundage of all such EBDC products used must not exceed the lowest specified individual EBDC product maximum poundage of active ingredient allowed per acre.
In addition to the maximum number of foliar applications permitted by the formula stated above, a single application for seed treatment may be made on crops which have registered seed treatment uses.
CUCURBIT CROP GROUP
Start applications when plants are in the two-leaf stage and repeat at 7- to 10-day intervals. Use higher rates and apply every 5 to 7 days with moderate to severe disease pressure and when conditions favor disease. Use sufficient water and direct spray to provide thorough coverage of both upper and lower leaf surfaces.The minimum aerial spray volume for cucurbits is 2 gallons. Do not apply within 5 days of harvest. Some cantaloupe varieties (i.e. Harvest Queen, Gold Star, Super Star, Sweet and Early, and Saticoy) are sensitive to DuPont MANKOCIDE fungicide/bactericide.
NOTE: MANKOCIDE helps suppress the incidence of watermelon fruit blotch.